Ghost multicasting problem

I have a compaq c700 running Windows 2k that I use as an image server
for my Fujitsu Lifebook images. I use a ghost multicasting session to
send the images through a netgear fs108 switch. problem is I can't do
more than 2 at a time. any attempt to do 3 or more results in total
system stoppage. the images are 2.5GB in size each. I can do these
through a 10mb switch, but it is very slow. what gives?

peter

<msulliv1@chsbuffalo.org> wrote in message
> I have a compaq c700 running Windows 2k that I use as an image server
> for my Fujitsu Lifebook images. I use a ghost multicasting session to
> send the images through a netgear fs108 switch. problem is I can't do
> more than 2 at a time. any attempt to do 3 or more results in total
> system stoppage. the images are 2.5GB in size each. I can do these
> through a 10mb switch, but it is very slow. what gives?

Probably netgear fs108 / ghost / multicast combination. Why don't you try a
normal network share on Compaq c700 for storing your images and a network
client on Lifebook?