http://www.jakeludington.com

Author: Easy Digital Home Movies
http://www.jakeludington.com/edhm

"big shaun" wrote:

> i have a new pc and i am trying to send video to my pc. i have a jvc vhs-
> camera
> lots of films i want to burn onto vcd and dvd. i have tried connections via
> the video out scart on pc without any luck.software i have moviemaker and
> nero software please help.
> shaun
> shaun_maddock@hotmail.com

Several more options. I can vouch for the USB flavor. Works well for me:

http://www.aver.com/products/dvm.shtml

The Pro version has its own hardware decoder and thus much less system
requirements.
And no, I don't have a stake in the company, just a penchant for simple,
well-designed hardware that works.

Jake Ludington wrote:
> You need a USB capture device with inputs for what is probably RCA outs on
> the VHS-C camcorder. The Hi-Speed USB 2.0 DVD Creator is an affordable
> solution for this:
> http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=144533

You can also buy firewire ones, not as cheap, but tend to offer better
quality for things like sync'ing, so if you have lots to do.... pay your
money and make your choice.
see
www.canopus.com
www.miglia.com