Non booting hard Drive

Im having a problem booting from my hd. I got it out of a old computer.
when i boot up normally it gives me a "primary hard drive failure". i
cant boot up from a floppy cause im not sure. But if i put in a Fedora
or XP cd it will format the HD and install the OS, but when it restarts
i get the same HD error? Any ideas?

hi,
you do one thing check boot priority in cmos setup & change startup
seqance first choose had drive.

Brubbz wrote:
> Im having a problem booting from my hd. I got it out of a old computer.
> when i boot up normally it gives me a "primary hard drive failure". i
> cant boot up from a floppy cause im not sure. But if i put in a Fedora
> or XP cd it will format the HD and install the OS, but when it restarts
> i get the same HD error? Any ideas?

Have you got it set correctly as Primary Master with the jumpers?

--
Bob H
Leeds UK