DV Device Control

Before reinstalling XP, I had device control through all
my video capturing software programs (ie. Adobe Premiere,
Dodcap, etc..). I could capture from my DV camera with no
problem. Since reinstalling, the only software that sees
my camera now is MICROSOFT moviemaker and Amcap... another
MICROSOFT program. A software designer for one of the
capture programs told me it may have to with DirectX and
that when the OS was reinstalled, so was my device
driver... any suggestions on how to roll back to a
Microsoft DV Camera and VCR device driver? Or on what the
problem is?

Have you tried updating directX?
The driver for the ohci compliant firewire card will be a generic windows
one, unless you have a specific make of capture card, in which case you'd
need to visit their web site.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes