Malc

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2001

WTF?

Counter-strike REQUIRES UPDATE Amount aquired 42%
Day of Defeat REQUIRES UPDATE Amount aquired 51%
Half Life 1 is now greyed out Amount aquired 0%

Steam is now updating Counter-strike and seems to be re-installing
half-life 1 now 8% aquired

What the hell is going on here?

Malc

Malc wrote:
> WTF?
>
> Counter-strike REQUIRES UPDATE Amount aquired 42%
> Day of Defeat REQUIRES UPDATE Amount aquired 51%
> Half Life 1 is now greyed out Amount aquired 0%
>
> Steam is now updating Counter-strike and seems to be re-installing
> half-life 1 now 8% aquired
>
> What the hell is going on here?
>
> Malc

Maybe that's why it freezes on the second loading screen.

Ron

--
And it really doesn't matter if
I'm wrong I'm right

Lennon & McCartney

I don't have that going on. I just loaded HL 1 and started a new game.
No update required. I still play HL 1 a lot...the mods. Just installed
and started a new one yesterday. How long since you updated Steam? I
play quite often and haven't had to update in a long time.
Carolyn

accessdenied

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2004

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:08:13 +0100, "Malc" <xxxxxx@hotmail.com> wrote:

>WTF?
>
>Counter-strike REQUIRES UPDATE Amount aquired 42%
>Day of Defeat REQUIRES UPDATE Amount aquired 51%
>Half Life 1 is now greyed out Amount aquired 0%
>
>Steam is now updating Counter-strike and seems to be re-installing
>half-life 1 now 8% aquired
>
>What the hell is going on here?
>
>Malc

Welcome to the great world of STEAM!
God bless you and your games :)

To e-mail, remove the obvious

Malc

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2001

Just me then!

I played HL 1 a couple of weeks ago with no problems.

Anyways its OK now. Steam re-downloaded everything it needed. My
bandwidth usage for the day was 248MB. Glad I'm not still on dial-up.

Malc