AVI video files from an HP Photosmart 320 camera-help?

Mary

My camera shows the videos as perfect quality in its
viewer, but when I unload to my pc (Windows XP, using
Windows Media Player) they appear to be corrupted. The
Media Player acts like it is playing the video, shows the
play arrow and timer moving, etc., but the picture never
changes. There are several white dotted lines in the pic
and it appears to look like pictures on top of pictures.
Again, the videos on the camera look fine. Any ideas,
anyone? Thanks for your help.

It will depend on the codec used by the camera to make the avi file, you
also need this on the pc to play them back properly. Unfortunately, unlike
dv in camcorders, there is not standard.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media