Compaq Multi-IO Card with Winchester Connection

I have an old multi-IO card with no information on how to set the switches
on it.

Compaq FLPY/PRT/SER/WIN
Barcode EBG1T6APE
2nd Barcode 48054
Board No. 000817-001 Rev B

Copyright 1987

The board is a 16-bit ISA, full height and full lenghth.
Does anyone know where I could find information?

Edward Leach wrote:

> I have an old multi-IO card with no information on how to set the switches
> on it.
>
> Compaq FLPY/PRT/SER/WIN
> Barcode EBG1T6APE
> 2nd Barcode 48054
> Board No. 000817-001 Rev B
>
> Copyright 1987
>
> The board is a 16-bit ISA, full height and full lenghth.
> Does anyone know where I could find information?

Hello, Edward:

Contact "Computer Trade Exchange" <http://www.computertradeexchange.com>; it
might provide some info on your particular card, as it's listed, on this page:

Computer Trade Exchange - Compaq part numbers less than 120600-001
http://www.computertradeexchange.com/inventory/compaq.html

Good luck!

Cordially,
John Turco <jtur@concentric.net>

"John Turco" <jtur@concentric.net> wrote in message
> Edward Leach wrote:
> >
> > I have an old multi-IO card with no information on how to set the switches
> > on it.
> >
> > The board is a 16-bit ISA, full height and full lenghth.
> > Does anyone know where I could find information?
>
> Contact "Computer Trade Exchange" <http://www.computertradeexchange.com>; it
> might provide some info on your particular card, as it's listed, on this
page:

> Computer Trade Exchange - Compaq part numbers less than 120600-001
> http://www.computertradeexchange.com/inventory/compaq.html
>
> Good luck!

Sure John. Free support for 20 year old junk?

Get a 486 with integrated I/O and labelled jumpers.

Eric Gisin wrote:

> "John Turco" <jtur@concentric.net> wrote in message
> > Edward Leach wrote:
> > >
> > > I have an old multi-IO card with no information on how to set the switches
> > > on it.
> > >
> > > The board is a 16-bit ISA, full height and full lenghth.
> > > Does anyone know where I could find information?
> >
> > Contact "Computer Trade Exchange" <http://www.computertradeexchange.com>; it
> > might provide some info on your particular card, as it's listed, on this
> page:
> >
> > Computer Trade Exchange - Compaq part numbers less than 120600-001
> > http://www.computertradeexchange.com/inventory/compaq.html
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> Sure John. Free support for 20 year old junk?
>
> Get a 486 with integrated I/O and labelled jumpers.

Hello, Eric:

So, it never hurts to ask, does it? :p

Cordially,
John Turco <jtur@concentric.net>

The reason I am interested in this card is that I have a number of floppy
disks from when I owned a TRS-80. The TRS-80 FDC (I think it was a Western
Digital 1771) used a different DAM (data address mark) than the IBM FDCs. I
think I remember reading that with some of the old IBM style FDCs the DAM
can be selected.

I'll probably just have to insert the card in a 386 DX computer I have lying
around and play with the jumpers one at time.