Help with setting up a projector w/ WINXP...

I use a projector for my presentations at work, which is
hooked up to my laptop. Before I upgraded to Windows XP,
I had Windows 98SE. When I had Win98 and the projector
set up, I could clone the monitors. (Both the laptop's
monitor and the projector had the same image) Even since
I upgraded to WinXP, I can only "Extend" the monitor.
(Like if you were going to have two monitors sit right
beside each other) I called my local computer shop and
asked them why I could not clone in WinXP like I did in
Win98. The tech told me that WINDOWS XP HAS A MINIMUM
RESOLUTION OF 800X600 and that I need a 640X480 resolution
in order to clone the monitor to the projector's display.

So my question is...
IS THERE A THIRD PARTY PROGRAM OR SOME SETTING IN
WINDOWSXP THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO LOWER MY MINIMUM
RESOLUTION SETTING? WHY CAN'T I CLONE MY MONIOR'S DISPLAY
TO MY PROJECTOR WHEN USING WINXP?

Go to the graphics card manufacturers website and download the latest xp
drivers for your card. This should then give you the opportunity to clone
teh desktop.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes