How Do I Reset Drives To Default In XP?

There's probably an obvious answer to this, but it doesn't come to
mind.

A while back I rearranged the drive letters on all my XP drives except
C:. Now I would like to put them back to the way they would be as
default. How do I reset them to the default?

jim

Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\MountedDevices in regedit. Delete all \Dosdevices\X: except
C:. Reboot.

"jim evans" <jimsnews@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> There's probably an obvious answer to this, but it doesn't come to
> mind.
>
> A while back I rearranged the drive letters on all my XP drives except
> C:. Now I would like to put them back to the way they would be as
> default. How do I reset them to the default?
>
> jim

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:39:42 -0800, "Eric Gisin"
<ericgisin@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\MountedDevices in regedit. Delete all \Dosdevices\X: except
>C:. Reboot.

Thank you.

jim

In article <ctj6hq112om@enews1.newsguy.com>, ericgisin@hotmail.com
says...
> Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\MountedDevices in regedit. Delete all \Dosdevices\X: except
> C:. Reboot.

Why mess with the registry?

Go to Disk Management (Start/Run, them type DISKMGMT.MSC). Right-click
the drive/partitions, and choose 'change letter'. In some cases, you may
need to move a lower letter to an unused higher letter first so you can
move another down.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1c68048545cf956b989784@news.comcast.giganews.com...
> In article <ctj6hq112om@enews1.newsguy.com>, ericgisin@hotmail.com says...
> > Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\MountedDevices in regedit. Delete all \Dosdevices\X: except
> > C:. Reboot.
>
> Why mess with the registry?

Read the subject title?