[Bash] @ Peter's Playground - Sunday 1st of May 20:00 GMT +2

I have scheduled a HL2DM bash for next weekend
Sunday 1st of May 20:00 -> 24:00 GMT +2

Check with your local time at worldclock
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2005&month=5&day=1&hour=18&min=0&sec=0

Keeping it short
http://surl.dk/n5/

Server name: Peter's Playground
IP: 80.198.168.162

10 players max (limited bandwidth)
Current mapcycle:

dm_powerhouse
dm_abyss
dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
dm_resistance
dm_steamlab
dm_underpass

Give me your suggestions if you have other favourites

Get the maps before the bash!
Download will be disabled

Download sites:

dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
http://www.geocities.com/peter­aghl/

dm_abyss
http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/hl2dm_abyss.htm

The rest of the maps is included with HL2DM

Happy fraggin'

strider

Peter [AGHL] proclaimed...

> dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
> http://www.geocities.com/peter=ADaghl/
>
> dm_abyss
> http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/hl2dm_abyss.htm
>
> The rest of the maps is included with HL2DM

I might even attend, long gone are days when I'd own all your scabby
asses but sounds fun none the same.

Send me a reminder, I'm prone to forgetfulness in my old age!

--
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have scheduled a HL2DM bash for next weekend
> Sunday 1st of May 20:00 -> 24:00 GMT +2
>
> Check with your local time at worldclock
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2005&month=5&day=1&hour=18&min=0&sec=0
>
> Keeping it short
> http://surl.dk/n5/
>
> Server name: Peter's Playground
> IP: 80.198.168.162
>
> 10 players max (limited bandwidth)
> Current mapcycle:
>
> dm_powerhouse
> dm_abyss
> dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
> dm_resistance
> dm_steamlab
> dm_underpass
>
> Give me your suggestions if you have other favourites
>
> Get the maps before the bash!
> Download will be disabled
>
> Download sites:
>
> dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
> http://www.geocities.com/peter­aghl/
>
> dm_abyss
> http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/hl2dm_abyss.htm
>
> The rest of the maps is included with HL2DM
>
> Happy fraggin'

dm_harbour.bsp (14 meg) is a good outdoor map, some tugboats, docks,
warehouse, etc.

edgeoftown.bsp (16 meg) is a good one, with a mix of areas like you'd
find at...well...the edge of a town. No airport tho :) several
buildings, 3 tier parking garage, defensible positions.

dm_waterhazard (36meg) is fair sized, outdoor, with 4 airboats in a
'hangar' just waiting to go. No gun on board. The RPG can be brought
to bear on just about any position you can see, however :)

freeway_to_c17.bsp (27 meg) is all outdoor, with subway style
underpasses, nice hilly green brushy median areas.
McG.

w00t!!!!! Just had cataract surgery today... May be healed enough by
then to kick yer scrawny, yellow toothed butts... :) Sure be nice to
see again.... I was thinking it was the maps that were all fuzzy and
milky...

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 23:00:32 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I have scheduled a HL2DM bash for next weekend
>> Sunday 1st of May 20:00 -> 24:00 GMT +2
>>
>> Check with your local time at worldclock
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2005&month=5&day=1&hour=18&min=0&sec=0
>>
>> Keeping it short
>> http://surl.dk/n5/
>>
>> Server name: Peter's Playground
>> IP: 80.198.168.162
>>
>> 10 players max (limited bandwidth)
>> Current mapcycle:
>>
>> dm_powerhouse
>> dm_abyss
>> dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
>> dm_resistance
>> dm_steamlab
>> dm_underpass
>>
>> Give me your suggestions if you have other favourites
>>
>> Get the maps before the bash!
>> Download will be disabled
>>
>> Download sites:
>>
>> dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
>> http://www.geocities.com/peter­aghl/
>>
>> dm_abyss
>> http://www.lanmaniax.com/maps/html/hl2dm_abyss.htm
>>
>> The rest of the maps is included with HL2DM
>>
>> Happy fraggin'
>
>dm_harbour.bsp (14 meg) is a good outdoor map, some tugboats, docks,
>warehouse, etc.
>
>edgeoftown.bsp (16 meg) is a good one, with a mix of areas like you'd
>find at...well...the edge of a town. No airport tho :) several
>buildings, 3 tier parking garage, defensible positions.
>
>dm_waterhazard (36meg) is fair sized, outdoor, with 4 airboats in a
>'hangar' just waiting to go. No gun on board. The RPG can be brought
>to bear on just about any position you can see, however :)
>
>freeway_to_c17.bsp (27 meg) is all outdoor, with subway style
>underpasses, nice hilly green brushy median areas.
>McG.

> Will there be a password for the bash?

If enough participants yes pwd can easily be set
Last time we were 6 people - nice to have a few xtras joining
If anyone's cheating it'd be a nice option to turn the bash into a all
against one :-]

rgds/Peter

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> w00t!!!!! Just had cataract surgery today... May be healed enough by
> then to kick yer scrawny, yellow toothed butts... :) Sure be nice to
> see again.... I was thinking it was the maps that were all fuzzy and
> milky...

CF-hope the surgery went well and you will go back to being Cannon Fodder
and sometimes claim a hit. Paul

On 25 Apr 2005 23:21:36 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> dm_harbour.bsp, edgeoftown.bsp, dm_waterhazard, freeway_to_c17.bsp
>
>Always good with some suggestions and new maps :)
>I will check these out
>
>On a sidenote
>Valve have released a new map d,_runoff
>http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news
>
>Happy fraggin'

Will there be a password for the bash?

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

> any chance of replacing one of the 'fiddly'
> maps on the rotation with this one?

We can change the lot with new ones
I am but your servant :)

Please add your preferences for a new mapcycle
I have added mine

dm_runoff
dm_gasworks_aghl_beta01
dm_abyss

rgds

Yep, went super good... Even had fun with the nurses and docs... Very
interesting procedure... Was even able to drive to work this morning
though the doc said it would probably be next week.... He gave me an
X-ray lens.... w00t!!!!

wrote:

>> dm_harbour.bsp, edgeoftown.bsp, dm_waterhazard, freeway_to_c17.bsp
>
>Always good with some suggestions and new maps :)
>I will check these out
>
>On a sidenote
>Valve have released a new map d,_runoff
>http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news
>
>Happy fraggin'

Looks like a good map - any chance of replacing one of the 'fiddly'
maps on the rotation with this one? Abyss, steamlab, underpass etc,
all have a similar, claustrophobic feel, so it would be nice to have a
bit of fresh air once in a while :)

--
steve <AT> steveevans <DOT> org

"Steve Evans" <no@spam> wrote in message
> On 25 Apr 2005 23:21:36 -0700, "Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> dm_harbour.bsp, edgeoftown.bsp, dm_waterhazard, freeway_to_c17.bsp
>>
>> Always good with some suggestions and new maps :)
>> I will check these out
>>
>> On a sidenote
>> Valve have released a new map d,_runoff
>> http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news
>>
>> Happy fraggin'
>
> Looks like a good map - any chance of replacing one of the 'fiddly'
> maps on the rotation with this one? Abyss, steamlab, underpass etc,
> all have a similar, claustrophobic feel, so it would be nice to have a
> bit of fresh air once in a while :)

all 4 of those are basically outdoor maps. Got buildings and hidey
holes tho :) They all are tainted of that HL2 conquered Earth thing
tho. *fresh* air... would be nice for a change. edgeoftown.bsp has a
taste of that.
McG.

> Yep, went super good... Even had fun with the nurses and docs... Very
> interesting procedure... Was even able to drive to work this morning
> though the doc said it would probably be next week.... He gave me an
> X-ray lens.... w00t!!!!

Oh no... second adolescence CF? ;)
McG.

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:38:57 -0400, "tangos" <paulft1atcomcast.net>
> wrote:
>

>> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> w00t!!!!! Just had cataract surgery today... May be healed enough by
>>> then to kick yer scrawny, yellow toothed butts... :) Sure be nice to
>>> see again.... I was thinking it was the maps that were all fuzzy and
>>> milky...
>>>
>> CF-hope the surgery went well and you will go back to being Cannon
>> Fodder and sometimes claim a hit. Paul

Nope McG, I'm a slow study, still working on my first..... Was funny,
Doc said "Don't be concerned, it's a simple procedure"
I told him "Why should I worry, one of two things will happen.
You'll do a good job and I'll be an old man with excellent vision or
you'll screw up and I'll be a happy old one eyed new millionaire, It's
your choice"... Unfortunately, he did a god job.... :(

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:42:33 GMT, "McGrandpa"

> Nope McG, I'm a slow study, still working on my first..... Was funny,
> Doc said "Don't be concerned, it's a simple procedure"
> I told him "Why should I worry, one of two things will happen.
> You'll do a good job and I'll be an old man with excellent vision or
> you'll screw up and I'll be a happy old one eyed new millionaire, It's
> your choice"... Unfortunately, he did a god job.... :(
>
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:42:33 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> Yep, went super good... Even had fun with the nurses and docs...
>>> Very interesting procedure... Was even able to drive to work this
>>> morning though the doc said it would probably be next week.... He
>>> gave me an X-ray lens.... w00t!!!!
>>
>> Oh no... second adolescence CF? ;)
>> McG.

Hey I'm glad the vision is great CF! Lookin to run into ya in the
server!
McG.

Would love to be there, but its not going to happen this weekend. Frag
one for me, preferably with the electric stick....

Civilian_Target