0xC00D1199: Cannot play the file

August 13, 2004 10:29:02 PM

i am trying to play an .asf file in my windows media player 9 and i recieve
this message

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the
Player does not support the format you are trying to play.

what can i do to play this file

thanx

More about : 0xc00d1199 play file

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 1:56:43 PM

Hello There,

Is it possible that the file IS corrupt? Can you play the file in any
other player you have that supports that format?

The ASF format is a Microsoft format and is relativly quite old now.....

You could always doenload Microsoft Media 9 Encoder and run it through
that and re-index the file (If it is not actually corrupt)

Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
www.the-kellys.co.uk

"john_michael" <johnmichael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am trying to play an .asf file in my windows media player 9 and i recieve
> this message
>
> Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or
> the
> Player does not support the format you are trying to play.
>
> what can i do to play this file
>
> thanx
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 1:56:44 PM

ASF is not old, ASF is anything and everything that goes
in a Windows Media Format file. WMV is ASF. WMA is ASF.
Please provide correct information.

wrote in message
>>i am trying to play an .asf file in my windows media
player 9 and i recieve
>> this message
>>
>> Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is
either corrupt or
>> the
>> Player does not support the format you are trying to
play.

>> what can i do to play this file
>>
>> thanx
>

>.

August 14, 2004 9:03:18 PM

Hello there,

Thank you for your comments. You are of course incorrect as well as rude.

The ASF format has been around for many years. Microsoft took the previously
little used container and in January 2002 started to improve on it
significantly, it is most often used to encapsulate MPeg video. It was in 2002
that they started logging work done on the ASF format. ASF gave way in the end
to the better methods found in WMV files and is no longer the preferred method
of transporting video images over the internet. The ASF format first came into
regular use with Windows Media Tools Version 4. As it is with all things in the
computer industry ASF is relatively old.

I hope this clears up any confusion you may have
--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

You got parts of it right, on other parts you get lost.
As you said, ASF is a container, but MPEG video is NOT
whats most often housed in it. Examples would be Windows
Media VIDEO and Windows Media AUDIO. Are their of those
MPEG? Didn't think so. Read, Learn, then speak.

ASF is STILL IN USE. ASF *IS* WMV and WMA. Hard to
understand for you, i'm sure. Maybe you should also read
the next quote

"An ASF file can contain multiple independent or dependent
streams, including multiple audio streams for multichannel
audio, or multiple bit rate video streams suitable for
transmission over different bandwidths. The streams can be
in any compressed or uncompressed format; however, the
best compression is achieved with the Microsoft Windows
Media Audio and Video 9 Series codecs."

^ - Note this is from the 9 Series Format SDK, hardly
old. Get your facts right nest time.

Another fun quote "The ASF structure is a versatile
container format for arbitrary streaming media. For more
information about the structure of ASF files, see Overview
of the ASF Format."

Overview of the ASF Format
url=/library/en-us/wmform/htm/overviewoftheasfformat.asp

More fun, fact quotes.

"You can use whatever codecs you like when creating ASF
files, but only the Windows Media codecs are directly
supported by the objects of this SDK. " - 9 Series SDK

"The Advanced Systems Format (ASF) is the file format used
by Windows Media. Audio and/or Video content compressed
with a wide variety of codecs can be stored in an ASF file
and played back with the Windows Media Player (provided
the appropriate codecs are installed), streamed with
Windows Media Services or optionally packaged with Windows
Media Rights Manager. " - Advanced Systems Format (ASF)
Specification (Last updated: June 2004) Ya, That's Old let
me tell you.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=31334 = Link to ASF
Specification Doc, I suggest you read and then apologize
to me and the others who you have told wrong information
too.

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 9:34:13 PM

Hello again

I did not say that ASF was no longer used, I said it was relatively old. as is
your rather bad behavior. I do hope those in power soon censor your attitude as
it is now quite tiresome... At least one other visitor is now unhappy with your
remarks and has told you so.

Please do not start any more disruptive and non-productive conversations, on
the other hand, do please continue, the more you conduct your self in this
manner the sooner Microsoft will do something about it.

As far as I am concerned this is the End of Topic (EOT) you will not be replied
too any further, but if using your MVP real name you make further incorrect
remarks they will be pointed out to you.
--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
All material gained from other sources is duly acknowledged. No Value is
obtained by publishing in any format other peoples work
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 9:34:14 PM

Excuse me John, is that supposed to be a hit at me because I corrected you
on what C00D11CD is? If so, I do not very much appreciate it.

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
"John Kelly" <not.released@dot.com> wrote in message
news:p 2sTc.215$uU6.3184865@news-text.cableinet.net...
> Hello again
>
> I did not say that ASF was no longer used, I said it was relatively old.
> as is
> your rather bad behavior. I do hope those in power soon censor your
> attitude as
> it is now quite tiresome... At least one other visitor is now unhappy with
> your
> remarks and has told you so.
>
> Please do not start any more disruptive and non-productive conversations,
> on
> the other hand, do please continue, the more you conduct your self in this
> manner the sooner Microsoft will do something about it.
>
> As far as I am concerned this is the End of Topic (EOT) you will not be
> replied
> too any further, but if using your MVP real name you make further
> incorrect
> remarks they will be pointed out to you.
> --
> Best Wishes.....John Kelly
> www.the-kellys.org
> www.the-kellys.co.uk
> ---
> All material gained from other sources is duly acknowledged. No Value is
> obtained by publishing in any format other peoples work
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 10:01:10 PM

No it was not.
--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
All material gained from other sources is duly acknowledged. No Value is
obtained by publishing in any format other peoples work
Anonymous
October 8, 2009 8:12:55 PM

^ ...Women...^
!