Problems with changing screen resolution

I just changed my screen resolution and my screen went
blank and it said it was in an "Unknown Mode". I think I
may have turned it up too high. But now, I cannott start
my computer up in a lower resolution because my computer
goes blank and cannot change it back. The only way I can
get on this computer is by going in Safe Mode. Is there
any way to change it back through Registry or anything
through safe mode?

Thank You,
Cody Thimm

Hello there,

You need to start up the machine in "Safe Mode". You do that by pressing
either F5 or 8, I can't remember which. Once in Safe Mode you can edit the
graphics settings. Once done re-boot the machine and all should be well.

Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
www.the-kellys.co.uk

"Cody Thimm" <codemann8@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I just changed my screen resolution and my screen went
> blank and it said it was in an "Unknown Mode". I think I
> may have turned it up too high. But now, I cannott start
> my computer up in a lower resolution because my computer
> goes blank and cannot change it back. The only way I can
> get on this computer is by going in Safe Mode. Is there
> any way to change it back through Registry or anything
> through safe mode?
>
> Thank You,
> Cody Thimm

No Sorry, that didnt work but I did find a solution for
others with this problem, When booting up press F8
continuously until screen pops up. Then choose "Enable
VGA Mode". Then change the screen resolution from there.

Hello there,

OK, that will do just as well. Strange about not being able to do it in Safe
Mode though, that's what its for. Anyway, you are back on course with yours.
Thanks for letting us know :)
--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

Hello again,

I have just returned from a voyage of discovery!!! It is a long time
since I used the F8 key and on this my newest machine what I got was nothing
like what I remember from past days with a screen full of options, and, you
were quite correct, "Enable VGA Mode" wouold now be the first choice in your
situation.....I went into "Safe Mode" and found it quite different in places
from what I recall.