Installer 2.0 refuses to download drivers for wireless ada..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
August 23, 2004 10:43:03 PM

windows xp refuses to download/install drivers for my linksys wireless pci
adapter. Tried switching slots, install rollback, reinstall, spent hours w/
tech support, to no avail. get error msg "this device cannot start. (code
10). Any suggestions?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
August 24, 2004 4:17:02 PM

simplistic, but do you know if the card is good?

"Rahja" wrote:

> windows xp refuses to download/install drivers for my linksys wireless pci
> adapter. Tried switching slots, install rollback, reinstall, spent hours w/
> tech support, to no avail. get error msg "this device cannot start. (code
> 10). Any suggestions?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
August 25, 2004 3:40:55 AM

Code 10 means that the driver got installed (so the installer did it's job)
but the installed driver fails when it starts running.
Please check the event log for relevant messages.

--PA

"Rahja" <Rahja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC94E83F-5513-4C70-81AC-C8DB14B4B18C@microsoft.com...
> windows xp refuses to download/install drivers for my linksys wireless pci
> adapter. Tried switching slots, install rollback, reinstall, spent hours w/
> tech support, to no avail. get error msg "this device cannot start. (code
> 10). Any suggestions?
Related resources
August 28, 2004 12:19:05 AM

I have been having the same error. I receive the "Code 10: This device could
not start." I am using a Linksys WPC54G Wireless-G notebook adapter. I have
a Compaq Presario 912RSH. My machine has a Texas Instruments CardBus
controller, and linksys has a specific driver for the TI cardbus controller,
but this has not helped. I have completely formatted my machine, and
reinstalled. I have tried every type of wireless driver for my machine from
the Compaq support pages. I purchased a second notebook adapter of the same
make and model, but the same problem occures. I installed SP2, and there
still has been no change. I have a linksys WRT54GS router, and I know for
sure that isn't the problem, because I am also using a the linksys Wireless G
game adapter (WGA54G) to play my PS2 on the internet, and I have not had any
problems with it. I have also tried one of the MS IRQ fixes that is
suggested to add a DWORD statement to the parameters of the pcmcia service to
"DisableIsaToPciInterrupt." This too has not had any impact on the problem
at hand. Here is some relevant information from the event log:

Category None
Company Name Microsoft Corporation
Date 8/25/2004
Event ID 5005
File Name netevent.dll
File Version 5.1.2600.0
Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System
Product Version 5.1.2600.0
Source BCM43XX
Time 9:20:55 PM
Type Error

Wireless-G Notebook Adapter : Has encountered an internal error and has
failed.

Data...(In Words)
0000: 00040000 005c0002 00000000 c000138d
0010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
0020: 00000000 00000000 00000103

This event log occurs every time that I boot up my notebook. Any help would
greatly be appreciated.

"Pavel A." wrote:

> Code 10 means that the driver got installed (so the installer did it's job)
> but the installed driver fails when it starts running.
> Please check the event log for relevant messages.
>
> --PA
>
> "Rahja" <Rahja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC94E83F-5513-4C70-81AC-C8DB14B4B18C@microsoft.com...
> > windows xp refuses to download/install drivers for my linksys wireless pci
> > adapter. Tried switching slots, install rollback, reinstall, spent hours w/
> > tech support, to no avail. get error msg "this device cannot start. (code
> > 10). Any suggestions?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b \ Driver
August 29, 2004 6:16:52 AM

Excellent. Now please send this info to the device vendor (Linksys),
or -if you purchased your Linksys card from Compaq - to Compaq support.

--PA

!