extract audio from avi or wmv file --how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

i want an audio file of a movie i have on my wind media
player-i have it saved in wmv and avi, can someone tell
me how to extract the audio into mp3 format from both of
those file types?

Hello there,

With Movie Maker import the video file and drag it down to the lower audio
track. Then click of FILE > SAVE MOVIE, instead of getting the movie dialog you
will get an Audio dialog....follow that through and what you end up with is a
WMA audio file.......you then need something like Music Match to convert that
to an MP3
--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Another option than Movie Maker would be to use Windows Media Encoder
utility: Stream editor: this can extract the audio from a WMV file.