Closed

extract audio from avi or wmv file --how to do it

i want an audio file of a movie i have on my wind media
player-i have it saved in wmv and avi, can someone tell
me how to extract the audio into mp3 format from both of
those file types?
2 answers Last reply
More about extract audio file

    Hello there,

    With Movie Maker import the video file and drag it down to the lower audio
    track. Then click of FILE > SAVE MOVIE, instead of getting the movie dialog you
    will get an Audio dialog....follow that through and what you end up with is a
    WMA audio file.......you then need something like Music Match to convert that
    to an MP3
    --
    Best Wishes.....John Kelly
    www.the-kellys.org

    Another option than Movie Maker would be to use Windows Media Encoder
    utility: Stream editor: this can extract the audio from a WMV file.

    "ellen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i want an audio file of a movie i have on my wind media
    > player-i have it saved in wmv and avi, can someone tell
    > me how to extract the audio into mp3 format from both of
    > those file types?

Video AVI Audio Windows XP