Closed

extract audio from avi or wmv file --how to do it

August 14, 2004 6:27:07 AM

i want an audio file of a movie i have on my wind media
player-i have it saved in wmv and avi, can someone tell
me how to extract the audio into mp3 format from both of
those file types?
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 1:31:59 PM

Hello there,

With Movie Maker import the video file and drag it down to the lower audio
track. Then click of FILE > SAVE MOVIE, instead of getting the movie dialog you
will get an Audio dialog....follow that through and what you end up with is a
WMA audio file.......you then need something like Music Match to convert that
to an MP3
--
Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org

Another option than Movie Maker would be to use Windows Media Encoder
utility: Stream editor: this can extract the audio from a WMV file.

!