Blue tint

August 14, 2004 10:23:01 PM

My Monitor has a blue tint to it. For about a week it flickered off and on
blue....now it is continuous. Has anyone else had this problem???

More about : blue tint

August 15, 2004 2:47:53 AM

Check your monitor cable
see if it is plugged in securely of if one of the pins is bent
peter
"Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Monitor has a blue tint to it. For about a week it flickered off and on
> blue....now it is continuous. Has anyone else had this problem???
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 15, 2004 1:16:06 PM

"peter" <peter@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
> Check your monitor cable
> see if it is plugged in securely of if one of the pins is bent
> peter
> "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Monitor has a blue tint to it. For about a week it flickered off and
on
> > blue....now it is continuous. Has anyone else had this problem???

and if that doesn't do it, it's time for a new
monitor-it's gone south (it happens fairly frequently)
unless it's a LCD (flat panel) monitor.
Related resources
February 1, 2010 4:33:33 PM

Just to share my experience, I just fixed a bluish tint issue on my Samsung SyncMaster 710N.
For my case, the root cause is loose video cable (credits to 'mattozan' in http://www.fixya.com/support/t415674-monitor_blue_evryt...)

You might wanna try unplugging both ends, and then replugging both nice and securely (might even try reversing the direction of the cable, if it is a simple VGA-VGA cable). Or even replace the cable. Good luck and God bless :)
Anonymous
March 23, 2013 4:30:12 AM

same here: unplug/plug worked, thanx everyone!
!