Seagate oem warranty

I am thinking of buying a Seagate oem 300 GB hard drive from an ebay
seller. The seller says on his ebay ad that the drive has the
Seagate five year warranty.

How can I be SURE that the drive does in fact have the Seagate five
year warranty? Thank you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

Daniel Prince wrote:
> I am thinking of buying a Seagate oem 300 GB hard drive from an ebay
> seller. The seller says on his ebay ad that the drive has the
> Seagate five year warranty.
>
> How can I be SURE that the drive does in fact have the Seagate five
> year warranty? Thank you in advance for all replies.

I believe you can go to the Seagate website with the serial number
and check warranty status.

Daniel Prince wrote:

> I am thinking of buying a Seagate oem 300 GB hard drive from an ebay
> seller. The seller says on his ebay ad that the drive has the
> Seagate five year warranty.
>
> How can I be SURE that the drive does in fact have the Seagate five
> year warranty? Thank you in advance for all replies.

If you don't have the serial number there's no way. If you do have the
serial number just go to the Seagate site, find warranty information, and
plug the serial number in and it will tell you when the warranty expires.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Previously Daniel Prince <neutrino1@comcast.net> wrote:
> I am thinking of buying a Seagate oem 300 GB hard drive from an ebay
> seller. The seller says on his ebay ad that the drive has the
> Seagate five year warranty.

> How can I be SURE that the drive does in fact have the Seagate five
> year warranty? Thank you in advance for all replies.

As the seller for Serian number and model number, then check
here:

http://support.seagate.com/customer/warranty_validation.jsp

Of course the seller can send you the numbers of an other drive
but then you will know immediately.

Arno