Can't view mpg files!!! Error 80040111

August 15, 2004 12:15:59 PM

I have a dvd made with a newer sony dvd recorder (not
mine). On it are mpg files and jpg's. I can view the
jpgs but first attemp at viewing movies the message I got
was that I couldn't view that type of file. So I went to
tools/options in media player and made sure mpg was
checked. It was checked but box was gray so I checked
again. Then tried to play video file and message pop up
states "ClassFactory cannot supply requested class". The
link took me to the subject error code and options for
help. So someone, please help this non-technical user!
thanks.
Anonymous
August 15, 2004 1:14:24 PM

XP does NOT include MPEG-2 support
(what you're trying to do), only MPEG-1.

You need to buy a software DVD player
for your PC.

!