Delay in returning from screensaver.

I use the 3-d FlowerBox screensaver, and if I dismiss it while it's up, the
desktop doesn't appear immediately. The screen seems to go completely out
for two or three seconds (as if it's making some sort of graphical
adjustment).

From reading through past posts, I've noticed that sometimes video drivers
need to be reinstalled after an upgrade to XP, else there's an issue running
OpenGL applications. Is this a possibility? Or is this likely something
else?

Thanks for any help,
Z.

"Stads_MD" <StadsMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use the 3-d FlowerBox screensaver, and if I dismiss it while it's up,
the
> desktop doesn't appear immediately. The screen seems to go completely out
> for two or three seconds (as if it's making some sort of graphical
> adjustment).

Exactly so. Most OpenGL screen savers run
at a different resolution than the desktop. Next time it's
up, use the controls on your monitor to determine
what res it's running at. The pause you see is due to the
monitor shifting back to desktop res.

> From reading through past posts, I've noticed that sometimes video drivers
> need to be reinstalled after an upgrade to XP, else there's an issue
running
> OpenGL applications. Is this a possibility? Or is this likely something
> else?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Z.

This is normal - on some monitors using DVI,
it even takes longer then yours.

Don't worry about it.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

There is a way to run the screensaver at the same desktop resolution as you
have for normal use.

Desktop->rightclick->settings->Screensaver->Settings->Display settings

and choose the appropriate display size.

--
Rehan (www.rehanx.org)