Burning a Bootable CD with Nero 6.0 Ultra Edition

I have the LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 16335 DVD Burner and this comes with a
software package which installs a "Suite " which contains :- Nero
Express, Nero OEM , Nero Media Player.

I attempted to burn a Bootable Slipstreamed XP Pro_SP2 CD with this
software - (the appropriate App would seem to be NERO EXPRESS 6) - and
was following a guide found at
www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

This instruction requests , in Step 5a , that the "New Compilation"
Menu in Nero be accessed - this is the Menu where the following
selections should be made :-

Kind of emulation: No Emulation
Boot Message: Nero Boot-Loader V6.
Load segment of sector (hex) 07CO
Number of loaded sectors: 4

....etc

I cannot find this "New Compilation" Menu in this Nero Suite.

I had this Menu in the Nero v 5.5 which came bundled with my
earlier-bought CD Burner , the LITE-ON LTR 401255 but this doesn't
seem to be included in the later supplied software.

Can anyone tell me how I can access such a section in this latest Nero
"Suite" please ?

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

admiral_victory@iol.ie wrote:
> I have the LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 16335 DVD Burner and this comes with a
> software package which installs a "Suite " which contains :- Nero
> Express, Nero OEM , Nero Media Player.
>
> I attempted to burn a Bootable Slipstreamed XP Pro_SP2 CD with this
> software - (the appropriate App would seem to be NERO EXPRESS 6) - and
> was following a guide found at
> www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp
>
> This instruction requests , in Step 5a , that the "New Compilation"
> Menu in Nero be accessed - this is the Menu where the following
> selections should be made :-
>
> Kind of emulation: No Emulation
> Boot Message: Nero Boot-Loader V6.
> Load segment of sector (hex) 07CO
> Number of loaded sectors: 4
>

> ...etc
>
> I cannot find this "New Compilation" Menu in this Nero Suite.
>
> I had this Menu in the Nero v 5.5 which came bundled with my
> earlier-bought CD Burner , the LITE-ON LTR 401255 but this doesn't
> seem to be included in the later supplied software.
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can access such a section in this latest Nero
> "Suite" please ?
>
> B.N.
>

> --
>
> to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
Post this in a cdr NG. You will get a better response

--
Bob H
Leeds UK

>Post this in a cdr NG. You will get a better response

Thanks , I will.

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<admiral_victory@iol.ie> wrote in message

>>Post this in a cdr NG. You will get a better response
>
> Thanks , I will.

A little late, but google for autostreamer.
http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html
All that you will need is the XP cd and SP2. ....Works like magic...

"Frank" wrote:

> A little late, but google for autostreamer.
> http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html
> All that you will need is the XP cd and SP2. ....
> Works like magic...

Is there an advantage to using Autostreamer
if one has Nero Burning ROM software? Does
Autostreamer depend on there being a utility
available such as Nero Burning ROM?

*Tim.R.Daniels*

"Timothy Daniels" <TDaniels@NoSpamDot.com> wrote in message
> "Frank" wrote:
>>
>> A little late, but google for autostreamer.
>> http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html
>> All that you will need is the XP cd and SP2. ....
>> Works like magic...
>

> Is there an advantage to using Autostreamer
> if one has Nero Burning ROM software? Does
> Autostreamer depend on there being a utility
> available such as Nero Burning ROM?
>
> *Tim.R.Daniels*

AutoStreamer will slipstream Service Packs into original Windows setup
files.

All you need is your Windows CD or a local share, a Service Pack for that
version of Windows,

and a CD-Writer to burn the CD image.

> "BBUNNY" wrote:

>>> Is there an advantage to using Autostreamer
>>> if one has Nero Burning ROM software? Does
>>> Autostreamer depend on there being a utility
>>> available such as Nero Burning ROM?
>>
>> AutoStreamer will slipstream Service Packs into
>> original Windows setup files.
>>
>> All you need is your Windows CD or a local share,
>> a Service Pack for that version of Windows,
>>
>> and a CD-Writer to burn the CD image.
>
> So it sounds like that with Autostreamer, one could
> use the CD burner utility in Windows XP instead of
> Nero Burning ROM to make the recovery CD. Is
> that right?
>
> ~TimRegDan~

I don't know for sure how it works, except that I slipstreamed
W2KPRO to SP4 and WXPHOME plus WXPPRO to SP2.

"BBUNNY" wrote:
> "Timothy Daniels" wrote:

>>> AutoStreamer will slipstream Service Packs into
>>> original Windows setup files.
>>>
>>> All you need is your Windows CD or a local share,
>>> a Service Pack for that version of Windows,
>>>
>>> and a CD-Writer to burn the CD image.
>>
>> So it sounds like that with Autostreamer, one could
>> use the CD burner utility in Windows XP instead of
>> Nero Burning ROM to make the recovery CD. Is
>> that right?
>
> I don't know for sure how it works, except that I slipstreamed
> W2KPRO to SP4 and WXPHOME plus WXPPRO to SP2.

OK, it sounds then like you only interfaced with Autostreamer
and didn't have to manually invoke any burning software that
you knew of. You just dragged 'n dropped files to Autostreamer
and told Autostreamer to "do it". Is that right?

Did you have any other burning software installed? I ask that
because one or the other Nero utilities require that the WinXP
burning driver be disabled - something I imagine might
interfere with Autostreamer if it didn't have its own driver.

*TimDan*

It seems that Ahead allowed the full version of Nero 5.5 to be shipped with
CD burners, but now they are only shipping Nero Express with newer burners.
That said, I'm sure Nero Express has the option to burn a bootable CD, it's
just the options will be in a different place. Have you tried using Nero
SmartStart and selecting bootable cd from there??

>I have the LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 16335 DVD Burner and this comes with a
> software package which installs a "Suite " which contains :- Nero
> Express, Nero OEM , Nero Media Player.
>
> I attempted to burn a Bootable Slipstreamed XP Pro_SP2 CD with this
> software - (the appropriate App would seem to be NERO EXPRESS 6) - and
> was following a guide found at
> www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp
>
> This instruction requests , in Step 5a , that the "New Compilation"
> Menu in Nero be accessed - this is the Menu where the following
> selections should be made :-
>
> Kind of emulation: No Emulation
> Boot Message: Nero Boot-Loader V6.
> Load segment of sector (hex) 07CO
> Number of loaded sectors: 4
>

> ...etc
>
> I cannot find this "New Compilation" Menu in this Nero Suite.
>
> I had this Menu in the Nero v 5.5 which came bundled with my
> earlier-bought CD Burner , the LITE-ON LTR 401255 but this doesn't
> seem to be included in the later supplied software.
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can access such a section in this latest Nero
> "Suite" please ?
>
> B.N.
>

> --
>
> to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"