MN-700 Disconnects continue after Firmware upgrade

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
August 24, 2004 11:03:02 AM

I upgraded the MN-700 firmware, but continue to see frequent disconnects
between my wireless laptop and our PPPoE DSL connection.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 814080 recommends disabling IEEE 802.1x
authentication, but does not suggest whether it should be turned on or off
following the FW upgrade.

Thanks, Larry
August 24, 2004 12:09:24 PM

IEEE 802.1x should be disabled unless you are running an
authentication server....
This will cause frequent disconnections.
Also make sure that your Wireless AP is not using the
default frequency channel 6 as it could create
interference from your neighbors AP, if any.

!