Q. about this Newsgroup

Excuse me for asking this, but due to the amount/times of lambasting by
a certain person in this NG, I want to ask if it is solely for people
with a high level of intelligence on/about hard drives, and not for
people like me who only put PC hardware together to get a working system?

If that is the case, then bye.

Thanks
--
Bob H
Leeds UK

    Sometimes you just have to be thick-skinned to get the info you need.
    Some questions seem really stupid, including my own, but sometimes you
    just don't have the time to research everything and you ask the dumb
    question, get your answer, take the punishment, and get past it. It
    doesn't really hurt all that much, and the bleed really does stop
    eventually.....

    Irwin

    Bob H wrote:

    > Excuse me for asking this, but due to the amount/times of lambasting by
    > a certain person in this NG, I want to ask if it is solely for people
    > with a high level of intelligence on/about hard drives, and not for
    > people like me who only put PC hardware together to get a working system?
    >
    > If that is the case, then bye.
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Bob H
    > Leeds UK

    Ignore him - he clearly suffers from all sorts of complexes.

    I suspect he is actually a totally inadequate person in "real" life and
    makes up for his failings on this group.

    Odie
    --

    RetroData
    Data Recovery Experts

    Irwin wrote:
    > Sometimes you just have to be thick-skinned to get the info you need.
    > Some questions seem really stupid, including my own, but sometimes you
    > just don't have the time to research everything and you ask the dumb
    > question, get your answer, take the punishment, and get past it. It
    > doesn't really hurt all that much, and the bleed really does stop
    > eventually.....
    >
    > Irwin

    I know what you are saying, but what p***d me off was the fact that
    after I replied to 2/3 posts asking a question, some so called 'god of
    intelligence' called me Clueless each time and when I responded to that
    he told me I was talking rubbish.
    Yes I talk so much rubbish, and know so little, I have built a few PC
    systems over time and have 3 machines here networked.

    cheers

    --
    Bob H
    Leeds UK

    "Bob H" wrote:
    > Hi Arno, thanks for reminding me about filtering out. I have just
    > filtered out the 'god of knowledge' Folkert Rienstra.

    <LOL> Just stop letting people use you for sport, Bob.
    If you hang around here long enough, you'll realize that
    filtering is futile (with emphasis on *realize* :-) ).

    *TimDaniels*

    "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message
    > Irwin wrote:
    > > Sometimes you just have to be thick-skinned to get the info you need.
    > > Some questions seem really stupid, including my own, but sometimes you
    > > just don't have the time to research everything and you ask the dumb
    > > question, get your answer, take the punishment, and get past it. It
    > > doesn't really hurt all that much, and the bleed really does stop
    > > eventually.....
    > >
    > > Irwin
    > >
    > I know what you are saying, but what p***d me off was the fact that
    > after I replied to 2/3 posts asking a question, some so called 'god of
    > intelligence' called me Clueless each time and when I responded to that
    > he told me I was talking rubbish.
    > Yes I talk so much rubbish, and know so little, I have built a few PC
    > systems over time and have 3 machines here networked.
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > --
    > Bob H
    > Leeds UK

    Bob, use a method common among this newsgroup to avoid seeing this
    commotion. Its called kill-filing.

    "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message news:4204c8fd$0$19159$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
    > Irwin wrote:
    > > Sometimes you just have to be thick-skinned to get the info you need.
    > > Some questions seem really stupid, including my own, but sometimes you
    > > just don't have the time to research everything and you ask the dumb
    > > question, get your answer, take the punishment, and get past it. It
    > > doesn't really hurt all that much, and the bleed really does stop
    > > eventually.....
    > >
    > > Irwin
    > >
    > I know what you are saying,

    Apparently not, he and timmy just very politely called you a crybaby.

    > but what p***d me off was the fact that
    > after I replied to 2/3 posts asking a question, some so called 'god of
    > intelligence' called me Clueless each time and when I responded to that

    > he told me I was talking rubbish.

    What, you're not?
    Then what are you sobbing about, little child?
    That noone came to your rescue when you spouted that nonsense?
    So now you're shedding a bucket full of tears, looking for someone to
    comfort you?

    > Yes I talk so much rubbish, and know so little,

    Cable Select doesn't work on older systems?
    You can't have 2 drives, both with active partitions on them?

    Yes, you know indeed very little.

    > I have built a few PC systems over time and have 3 machines here networked.

    Well, isn't that amazing. Congratulations, you are a rocket scientist.

    "Timothy Daniels" <TDaniels@NoSpamDot.com> wrote in message news:n_idnZJ4ydW9iJjfRVn-2A@comcast.com
    > "Bob H" wrote:
    > > Hi Arno, thanks for reminding me about filtering out. I have just
    > > filtered out the 'god of knowledge' Folkert Rienstra.

    Heh, let's see how long that lasts.

    > <LOL> Just stop letting people use you for sport, Bob.
    > If you hang around here long enough, you'll realize that
    > filtering is futile (with emphasis on *realize* :-) ).

    Lol. You think Arnie will ever 'realize' it?

    "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message news:4204992a$0$16576$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com
    > Excuse me for asking this, but due to the amount/times of lambasting
    > by a certain person in this NG, I want to ask if it is solely for people
    > with a high level of intelligence on/about hard drives,

    It's for people with genuine interest, not for those that make up questions
    just for having a reason to be here and then start giving bogus advice.

    > and not for people like me who only put PC hardware together to get a
    > working system?

    Then be a lurker and learn before you spout.

    > If that is the case, then bye.

    Good riddens.

    > Thanks

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:48:21 +0100, "Folkert Rienstra"
    <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote:
    \\

    >Good riddens.
    >

    >> Thanks

    HEY GUY, ME FEELS YOU NEED TO DOUBLE UP ALL YOUR MEDS. MORE REST WILL
    ALSO HELP, 24/7. I LOVE ATTENTION GETTING CAPS FOR YOUR TYPE.

    Folkert Rienstra wrote:

    > "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message news:4204992a$0$16576$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com
    > > Excuse me for asking this, but due to the amount/times of lambasting
    > > by a certain person in this NG, I want to ask if it is solely for people
    > > with a high level of intelligence on/about hard drives,
    >
    > It's for people with genuine interest, not for those that make up questions
    > just for having a reason to be here and then start giving bogus advice.
    >
    > > and not for people like me who only put PC hardware together to get a
    > > working system?
    >
    > Then be a lurker and learn before you spout.
    >

    > > If that is the case, then bye.
    >
    > Good riddens.
    >

    > > Thanks

    Folkert,

    I used to find some of your answers to questions useful and informative.

    However, you have developed such an antagonistic attitude that seems to
    have degenerated over the past few months that, these days, I don't even
    bother to read the bulk of your replies. They simply contain more
    sarcasm and downright arrogance than anything of interest.

    People tend to post here asking for advice and, as is fairly natural
    with most human beings, make incorrect statements based on their level
    of understanding of their particular situation. Far from being
    accommodating, you deride these individuals.

    I would suggest it's time for you to call it a day here - you are
    totally missing the point about being "helpful" and you are seeking to
    assert your (superior, I can't argue against that) knowledge by bloating
    your replies with self-importance, to the exclusion of all else.

    Odie
    --

    RetroData
    Data Recovery Experts

    "Odie Ferrous" wrote:
    > Folkert,
    >
    > I used to find some of your answers to questions useful
    > and informative.
    >
    > However, you have developed such an antagonistic attitude
    > that seems to have degenerated over the past few months ....

    Yeah. Why can't Folkert be more like Rod Speed -
    helpful, friendly, and courteous? That kind of obedient
    and cheerful thrift is only matched by the brave, clean
    reverence of Eric Gisin. Why can't Folkert be more
    like them? < :-) >

    *TimDaniels*

    "IDIDIT" <VISCH@EVASION.COM>
    "It would be a wonderful situation if people only posted what they know about"
    wrote in message news:b2bb01decs9vuf9a1je2lvm8nolhqove7t@4ax.com
    > On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:48:21 +0100, "Folkert Rienstra" <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote:
    > \\
    > >
    > > Good riddens.
    > >

    > > > Thanks
    > >
    > HEY GUY, ME FEELS YOU NEED TO DOUBLE UP ALL YOUR MEDS. MORE REST WILL
    > ALSO HELP, 24/7.

    > I LOVE ATTENTION GETTING CAPS FOR YOUR TYPE.

    Well in his sixties and still a troll.

    "Odie Ferrous" <odie_ferrous@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4205E48D.C113D2@hotmail.com
    > Folkert Rienstra wrote:
    > > "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message news:4204992a$0$16576$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com
    > > > Excuse me for asking this, but due to the amount/times of lambasting
    > > > by a certain person in this NG, I want to ask if it is solely for people
    > > > with a high level of intelligence on/about hard drives,
    > >
    > > It's for people with genuine interest, not for those that make up questions
    > > just for having a reason to be here and then start giving bogus advice.
    > >
    > > > and not for people like me who only put PC hardware together to get a
    > > > working system?
    > >
    > > Then be a lurker and learn before you spout.
    > >

    > > > If that is the case, then bye.
    > >
    > > Good riddens.
    > >

    > > > Thanks
    >

    > Folkert,
    >

    > I used to find some of your answers to questions useful and informative.
    >

    > However, you have developed such an antagonistic attitude that seems to
    > have degenerated over the past few months that, these days, I don't even
    > bother to read the bulk of your replies.

    So how exactly do you know which ones contain the "sarcasm and downright arrogance" ......

    > They simply contain more sarcasm and downright arrogance than anything of interest.

    .... since you seem to have a fine nose to still pick them out.

    Guess "I don't even bother to read the bulk of your replies" is just
    another of your usual lies then, eh.

    > People tend to post here asking for advice and, as is fairly natural
    > with most human beings, make incorrect statements based on their
    > level of understanding of their particular situation.

    > Far from being accommodating, you deride these individuals.

    And now you're in the wrong thread too.
    This thread is about people giving (false) advice, not those asking advice.
    I never criticized Bob's questions (even though I question his motive).

    > I would suggest it's time for you to call it a day here - you are totally
    > missing the point about being "helpful"

    My being helpful here is about pointing out the charlatans. If someone
    wants to learn what exactly was wrong he/she can take my comments
    to further investigate. I leave it to the nannies to do the spoonfeeding.

    > and you are seeking to assert

    > your (superior, I can't argue against that) knowledge

    Good, then you know that my criticism of the poison feeders is usually
    correct.

    > by bloating your replies with self-importance, to the exclusion of all else.

    You obviously confuse me with Arnie (or Timmy).
    My replies are never bloated, they are usually the absolute bare minimum.
    And contrary to most others -and one person in particular- that have an
    urge to rant, I usually reread mine before sending and even retract some
    of them if I feel that an answer is superfluous or counter productive.

    > Odie

    Btw, here is one post from you that I retracted my initial answer from:

    "Min,
    Send me your drive. I'll probably get the 8GB back, plus EVERYTHING
    that 8GB overwrote, plus the rest."

    Nice one, Odie, you can do what no one else can do: You can not
    only recover lost data but also the data that that 8GB overwrote.

    Now I'm just waiting for "blabbermouth" Arnie to share his mutual
    feelings with you and congratulate you with your great insights.

    Folkert Rienstra wrote:
    > "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message news:4204992a$0$16576$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com
    >
    >>Excuse me for asking this, but due to the amount/times of lambasting
    >>by a certain person in this NG, I want to ask if it is solely for people
    >>with a high level of intelligence on/about hard drives,
    >

    > It's for people with genuine interest, not for those that make up questions
    > just for having a reason to be here and then start giving bogus advice.
    >

    >>and not for people like me who only put PC hardware together to get a
    >>working system?
    >

    > Then be a lurker and learn before you spout.
    >

    >>If that is the case, then bye.
    >

    > Good riddens.
    >

    >>Thanks

    Ok, then its good riddance to you as well. At least then I won't be
    subjected to your arrogant antagonistic attitude.
    Oh, note the spelling of 'riddance'. If you are going to use the English
    language then go away and learn to spell properly before you spew it out
    on this or any other newsgroup.

    --
    Bob H
    Leeds UK

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:11:42 -0800, "Timothy Daniels"
    <TDaniels@NoSpamDot.com> wrote:

    >"Odie Ferrous" wrote:
    >> Folkert,
    >>
    >> I used to find some of your answers to questions useful
    >> and informative.
    >>
    >> However, you have developed such an antagonistic attitude
    >> that seems to have degenerated over the past few months ....
    >

    > Yeah. Why can't Folkert be more like Rod Speed -
    > helpful, friendly, and courteous? That kind of obedient
    > and cheerful thrift is only matched by the brave, clean
    > reverence of Eric Gisin. Why can't Folkert be more
    > like them? < :-) >
    >
    >*TimDaniels*

    Tim,

    You got that right!

    The "three Musketeers" of this group should jump on their (high)
    horses and ride away into the sunset, never to be heard from again.

    One can only hope. But hope is not a plan, but kill-filing is a plan
    of sorts.

    Folkert Rienstra wrote:

    <Snip inconsequential ramblings>

    Dear me - you do get riled, don't you?

    Time you started to grow up a little, Folkert - you *will* keep acting
    like a spoilt little child.

    Odie
    --

    RetroData
    Data Recovery Experts

    "Folkert Rienstra" <see_reply-to@myweb.nl> wrote in message news:36ll58F4bmh2tU2@individual.net
    > "Timothy Daniels" <TDaniels@NoSpamDot.com> wrote in message news:n_idnZJ4ydW9iJjfRVn-2A@comcast.com
    > > "Bob H" wrote:
    > > > Hi Arno, thanks for reminding me about filtering out. I have just
    > > > filtered out the 'god of knowledge' Folkert Rienstra.
    >
    > Heh, let's see how long that lasts.

    Almost 26 hours, I'm impressed.

    > > <LOL> Just stop letting people use you for sport, Bob.
    > > If you hang around here long enough, you'll realize that
    > > filtering is futile (with emphasis on *realize* :-) ).
    >
    > Lol. You think Arnie will ever 'realize' it?
    >

    > > *TimDaniels*
  18. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message news:42067246$0$16582$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com
    > Folkert Rienstra wrote:
    > > "Bob H" <bobg4uyi@despammer.com> wrote in message news:4204992a$0$16576$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com
    > >
    > > > Excuse me for asking this, but due to the amount/times of lambasting
    > > > by a certain person in this NG, I want to ask if it is solely for people
    > > > with a high level of intelligence on/about hard drives,
    > >

    > > It's for people with genuine interest, not for those that make up questions
    > > just for having a reason to be here and then start giving bogus advice.
    > >

    > > > and not for people like me who only put PC hardware together to get a
    > > > working system?
    > >

    > > Then be a lurker and learn before you spout.
    > >

    > > > If that is the case, then bye.
    > >

    > > Good riddens.
    > >

    > > > Thanks
    > >

    > Ok, then its good riddance to you as well. At least then I won't be
    > subjected to your arrogant antagonistic attitude.

    Ehm, does that mean that you are leaving or just sticking your head in the sand, just like Arnie does. If you do, try not to scare
    the other ostriches.

    > Oh, note the spelling of 'riddance'.

    I see you are no stranger to the art of posturing either.

    > If you are going to use the English language then go away and learn to
    > spell properly before you spew it out on this or any other newsgroup.

    Yeah, right:

    "
    and at first I _thoght_ it was coming from my _CDRwriter_, _coz_
    but as I said I have _re partitioned_ now
    Too b****y late _tho_!
    Yesterday I was having to _re locate_
    Tonight, I tried win2k again, and _viola_
    but on this _occassion_
    you can only have 1 _partition active primary partition_ at a time.
    what is _you_ intelligent answer
    I have never _clamed_ to be an expert
    but due to the amount/times of _lambasting_
    "

    Next time, try and be a little more original, OK.
    Oops, I forgot, you were just leaving.
  19. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    > Bob H wrote:
    > >
    > > Excuse me for asking this, but due to the amount/times of lambasting by
    > > a certain person in this NG, I want to ask if it is solely for people
    > > with a high level of intelligence on/about hard drives, and not for
    > > people like me who only put PC hardware together to get a working system?
    > >

    > Ignore him - he clearly suffers from all sorts of complexes.

    Look in the mirror. You've gone completely mental because I told you you were
    wrong in the "cannot find ntldr" thread.

    > I suspect he is actually a totally inadequate person in "real" life and
    > makes up for his failings on this group.

    In real life you must be incredible stupid. Most people look for accurate
    advice on usenet, not smiling idiots who guess at simple boot problems, and
    can't learn from others.
  20. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

    Tell us then who you kill file and who you regard as knowlegable?

    > Bob, use a method common among this newsgroup to avoid seeing this
    > commotion. Its called kill-filing.

Hardware Newsgroup Storage