Sony F828 with their high grade flash

I had a top of the line Pentax film camera and Pentax's top of the line
flash. I took many many photos. If I had a bad shot it was always
something I knew that I had done. I now have the Sony F828 with their
HVL-F32X flash. Ten percent of my shots at a convention were out of focus
and I don't know what I did wrong. The flash manual is worthless and the
camera manual does not address the use of that flash. I didn't know the
shots were out of focus until I got home and put them on the computer. Any
suggestions?

Ed Mullikin wrote:

> I had a top of the line Pentax film camera and Pentax's top of the line
> flash. I took many many photos. If I had a bad shot it was always
> something I knew that I had done. I now have the Sony F828 with their
> HVL-F32X flash. Ten percent of my shots at a convention were out of focus
> and I don't know what I did wrong. The flash manual is worthless and the
> camera manual does not address the use of that flash. I didn't know the
> shots were out of focus until I got home and put them on the computer. Any
> suggestions?

its only a consumer digital camera meant for taking snapshots of the
kids, turn up at anything important with that and the real photographers
would piss themselves, it may look flashy and no doubt takes half decent
photos but pixles do not mean a quality photo,compared to a dslr like a
nikon d70, or canon 10d, its a door stop, I would flog up and buy a nice
dslr and a couple of lenses, I suspect you miss your slr controls and
speed,and guarenteed results make that jump, you,ll never regret it

listerdiesel

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
The DSC-F828 is not a 'consumer' camera, there are plenty of small digitals that will take family pictures, but not many with the extensive range that the F828 has, or the Zeiss lenses.

I came from a pair of Contax bodies and lenses up to 300mm telephoto to digital.

I have an F828, and F717 and an F-505V, so can speak with a little bit of experience.

The only problems I have had with flash on the F828 has been over-exposure close to the camera.

With the HL-F1000 flash, I have seen no focussing problems at all.

I'd suggest that maybe you need to try the camera in different situations and environments first, and get a feel for the way it operates.

I there is a fault with the flash or the camera then the problem will persist.

Peter