what is a 1394 connection and a Network Bridge?

In my Network Connections it has listing for
1394 Connection
and a
Network Bridge

What are they, and do I need them?
As both have a status of Disabled, Firewalled.

Please and thank you.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Bill H. in Chicagoland
2 answers Last reply
More about what 1394 connection network bridge

    1394 = firewire connection
    Network bridge you normally don't need except in rare
    cases where you need to make a bridge between two
    networks connected to your machine, suggest you delete
    the bridge.

    Aha this is a medion computer ?
    It has a LAN connection
    and a bridge to which a wireless and a 1394 are connected.

    no idea why they have set it up this way.
    I am looking for docs

    hans

    > 1394 = firewire connection
    > Network bridge you normally don't need except in rare
    > cases where you need to make a bridge between two
    > networks connected to your machine, suggest you delete
    > the bridge.

Connection Wireless Networking