XP SP2 and Video capture problem

I recently installed SP2, and now I cannot get any of my vid capture programs
to work with my Canopus ADVC-100. With Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2SE I get an
error message telling me to check my capture drivers. With NeroVision
Express, I get no error message...it just won't grab anything.

The ADVC-100 is working. When I open it up from My Computer, it shows what's
playing on the camcorder.

Any help or suggestions? Thanks!
Mark
6 answers Last reply
More about video capture problem

    Could it be your SP2 firewall? Try to diable the SP2 firewall temporarily to
    eliminate it and try those programs again.

    If it turns out to be the firewall, then think for some other firewall
    solutions. Dont leave the frewall turned off after the experiment is over.

    Rehan

    "mkmck" <mkmck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently installed SP2, and now I cannot get any of my vid capture
    >programs
    > to work with my Canopus ADVC-100. With Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2SE I get
    > an
    > error message telling me to check my capture drivers. With NeroVision
    > Express, I get no error message...it just won't grab anything.
    >
    > The ADVC-100 is working. When I open it up from My Computer, it shows
    > what's
    > playing on the camcorder.
    >
    > Any help or suggestions? Thanks!
    > Mark

    Thanks Rehan, but that didn't work. Is there a place that I can download and
    reinstall the capture drivers...which I assume are native to XP?

    "Rehan" wrote:

    > Could it be your SP2 firewall? Try to diable the SP2 firewall temporarily to
    > eliminate it and try those programs again.
    >
    > If it turns out to be the firewall, then think for some other firewall
    > solutions. Dont leave the frewall turned off after the experiment is over.
    >
    > Rehan

    Have a look here and see if there is any useful info.
    Graham
    http://forum.aumha.org/index.php?c=16

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    > Thanks Rehan, but that didn't work. Is there a place that I can download
    and
    > reinstall the capture drivers...which I assume are native to XP?
    >
    > "Rehan" wrote:
    >
    > > Could it be your SP2 firewall? Try to diable the SP2 firewall
    temporarily to
    > > eliminate it and try those programs again.
    > >
    > > If it turns out to be the firewall, then think for some other firewall
    > > solutions. Dont leave the frewall turned off after the experiment is
    over.

    > > Rehan

    Thanks Graham. I didn't find anything specifically addressing my problem, but
    I did find a link to free MS SP2 support. I called them, went through two
    levels of support, and am now awaiting a call-back from senior support staff.
    It doesn't appear that they have dealt with this issue yet.

    I also found out that the SP2 that is out there is a beta...the full stable
    version is set to be released on 8/25. I'd love to know why MS's automatic
    updates is throwing beta software at us!

    For anyone that needs it...the site is
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;Prodoffer80&sd=GN.

    The US phone number for free SP2 support is (888) SP2-HELP (772-4357).

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > Have a look here and see if there is any useful info.
    > Graham
    > http://forum.aumha.org/index.php?c=16

    I am having the same issue with my machine since the upgrade to SP2. I am
    using a Sony video camera with Sonic My DVD 4.5 and Pinnacle Studio 8. Both
    applications are having the same issue where it just won't capture video. I
    am using a firewire connection and I think that it has something to do with
    that. Windows treats firewire like a network device and I'm sure that is why
    this is happening but I can't corect it. I have turned off the windows
    firewall because I use zone alarm anyway but it still won't work. I even
    specified my video apps in the firewall accepted list. I didn't have any
    issues until I installed SP2. Anyone have any ideas?????

    "mkmck" wrote:

    > Thanks Graham. I didn't find anything specifically addressing my problem, but
    > I did find a link to free MS SP2 support. I called them, went through two
    > levels of support, and am now awaiting a call-back from senior support staff.
    > It doesn't appear that they have dealt with this issue yet.
    >
    > I also found out that the SP2 that is out there is a beta...the full stable
    > version is set to be released on 8/25. I'd love to know why MS's automatic
    > updates is throwing beta software at us!
    >
    > For anyone that needs it...the site is
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;Prodoffer80&sd=GN.
    >
    > The US phone number for free SP2 support is (888) SP2-HELP (772-4357).
    >

    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > Have a look here and see if there is any useful info.
    > > Graham
    > > http://forum.aumha.org/index.php?c=16

    Auto update shouldn't be installing sp2 yet, not unless you found a copy
    somewhere else and installed that, once on it does update.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    > Thanks Graham. I didn't find anything specifically addressing my problem,
    but
    > I did find a link to free MS SP2 support. I called them, went through two
    > levels of support, and am now awaiting a call-back from senior support
    staff.
    > It doesn't appear that they have dealt with this issue yet.
    >
    > I also found out that the SP2 that is out there is a beta...the full
    stable
    > version is set to be released on 8/25. I'd love to know why MS's automatic
    > updates is throwing beta software at us!
    >
    > For anyone that needs it...the site is
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;Prodoffer80&sd=GN.
    >
    > The US phone number for free SP2 support is (888) SP2-HELP (772-4357).
    >

    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > Have a look here and see if there is any useful info.
    > > Graham
    > > http://forum.aumha.org/index.php?c=16

Video Video Capture Error Message Windows XP