br

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

Hello,

I'm using a low end JVC GR-D30 DV camcorder into an Adaptec
Firewire PCMCIA adapter on a Dell Inspiron 2650 w/WinXP using
Movie Maker to capture the video as an AVI. The resultant video is
too dark as displayed in Movie Maker or Media player. The video
looks normal on the LCD of the JVC. Any suggestions to remedy the
problem?

Or,

I tried VirtualDub with a Panasonic codec to reprocess the AVI
(dvsd) file and was able to brighten it, but the aspect ratio is
wrong. Please suggest other programs (codecs?) that may solve the
problem.

Thanks,

Ben

Can you output the video back to the cam via dv-in? If so edit a small piece
and send it back to cam, connect to your tv and view it. PC monitors are not
the best thing to watch video on as it's designed to viewed on tv, so when
it's on the tv it may be ok.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"BR" <slackin@nonsense.comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm using a low end JVC GR-D30 DV camcorder into an Adaptec
> Firewire PCMCIA adapter on a Dell Inspiron 2650 w/WinXP using
> Movie Maker to capture the video as an AVI. The resultant video is
> too dark as displayed in Movie Maker or Media player. The video
> looks normal on the LCD of the JVC. Any suggestions to remedy the
> problem?
>
> Or,
>
> I tried VirtualDub with a Panasonic codec to reprocess the AVI
> (dvsd) file and was able to brighten it, but the aspect ratio is
> wrong. Please suggest other programs (codecs?) that may solve the
> problem.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Ben
>
> --

br

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2004

"Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in

> Can you output the video back to the cam via dv-in? If so edit a
> small piece and send it back to cam, connect to your tv and view
> it. PC monitors are not the best thing to watch video on as it's
> designed to viewed on tv, so when it's on the tv it may be ok.

It can't record thru the DV jack. El cheapo, you know.

Ben

--

(hmmm. Xnews won't quote the entire message)