New Alternative Japanese Bikini 3d Model For HL2 Alyx.

Last response: in Video Games
April 29, 2005 12:19:56 AM

OLD NEWS:
Obviously all of you have known about it.
Just post here for emphasis and formalities.
New Japanese model called KORIN to replace Alyx.
Working both in HL2 (bikini model) and Gary Mod (Black suit model).

http://www11.plala.or.jp/nkinta/

No flame please along the line of : "get a girlfriend", "lame", "loser"
etc...

INSTALLATION:
Once you got the archive file KorinBIKINI.zip, just extract it to a
folder to your hard drive for example: C:\Korinbikini\
Inside the KorinBikini folder , you will see 2 sub folder called:
Materials and Models.
Just drag and drop these two folders in your:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life 2\hl2\
folder.
You will be prompt that there is already subfolders with name materials
and models in there and therefore it will overwrite files with the same
names.
Just click ok.
Done...
Now you will play the game and see the new model in your game.

On a side note, if you want, you should back up all files in your
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life
2\hl2\materials\models\shadertest\*.*
and
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life
2\hl2\models\ShaderTest\*.*
folders because the files in these two shadertest subfolders are the
only ones that will be overwritten.
Just in case.
But I believe they are the same files included in the KorinBikini files.

Once you got bored and want to return to Alyx, just delete:

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life
2\hl2\materials\models\player\korin\

and

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life
2\hl2\models\Humans\Group03\

folders.

Also delete all files as follows:
Alyx.dx80.vtx
Alyx.dx90.vtx
Alyx.mdl
Alyx.phy
Alyx.vvd
Alyx.sw.vtx
in folder:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life 2\hl2\models\

If you also downloaded the archive KorinGANTZ.zip (Korin with blacksuit)

file, you can do this to see the model in Gary's Mod.
Just extract the archive in to a folder C:\Koringantz\
Inside that folder you will see a subfolder called hl2mp
inside that subfolder again your will find the 2 subfolders named:
materials
and
models
Just drag and drop these two folders into:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\garrysmod\
folder.
Launch Gary's Mod press "q" once you are in the game to see the spawn
menu GUI to choose the model to spawn, you should choose "female 6c".
Then you will see the model in Gary's Mod as a ragdoll.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 12:19:57 AM

Lacuna wrote:

> No flame please along the line of : "get a girlfriend", "lame",
"loser"
> etc...

LOL - with HL2 and stuff like that?
Who needs a girlfriend to interrupt you bracking and whining about
unimportant issues like Real-Life (tm)?

thnx
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:33:57 AM

"Lacuna" <Coil@coil.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life
> 2\hl2\models\
>
> If you also downloaded the archive KorinGANTZ.zip (Korin with
> blacksuit)
>
> file, you can do this to see the model in Gary's Mod.
> Just extract the archive in to a folder C:\Koringantz\
> Inside that folder you will see a subfolder called hl2mp
> inside that subfolder again your will find the 2 subfolders named:
> materials
> and
> models
> Just drag and drop these two folders into:
> C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\garrysmod\
> folder.
> Launch Gary's Mod press "q" once you are in the game to see the spawn
> menu GUI to choose the model to spawn, you should choose "female 6c".
> Then you will see the model in Gary's Mod as a ragdoll.

Thanks for this, it's the first completely new player model I've seen.
I hope there are more!
McG.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 2:38:57 AM

On 4/28/2005 3:19 AM Lacuna brightened our day with:

>INSTALLATION:
>Once you got the archive file KorinBIKINI.zip, just extract it to a
>folder to your hard drive for example: C:\Korinbikini\
>Inside the KorinBikini folder , you will see 2 sub folder called:
>Materials and Models.
>Just drag and drop these two folders in your:
>C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life 2\hl2\
>folder.
>You will be prompt that there is already subfolders with name materials
>and models in there and therefore it will overwrite files with the same
>names.
>Just click ok.
>Done...
>Now you will play the game and see the new model in your game.

I don't have any such folders named materials or models in that
directory (All that stuff is stored inside the gcf files). I was able
to install the mod fine, and uninstall it just by deleting said folders.

--
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 10:04:46 AM

LymanAlpha wrote:

> You probably have those folders there because you've been doing other

> modifying of stuff whereas I haven't. That's another thing nice
about
> Steam and HL2, if you botch up your install and delete something you
> shouldn't, Steam can download the correct replacement files. I've
never
> intentionally tried to really screw it up though.

Actually Steam much better than that
All content is stored inside the GCF files

With your Steam/HL2 account you can log in on any computer with your
account and Steam will automatically prepare your personal installation
(without downloading)
Also you can delete your HL2DM folder to cleanup and Steam will
automatically restore and unpack needed content without any hazzle

Installed some crazy modelpack in CS:S?
Just uninstall and scratch the cstrike folder and Steam will restore to
the original settings

Reinstall XP when having Steam installed on eg your E:D rive
Just delete delete the clientregistry.blob and Steam will restore your
settings within a few minutes (download needed)

Talking about ease of maintenance :-)
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:30:51 PM

That is fine. I have these two folders already there in my hl2 folder.
I wrote the installation guide based on my HL2 installation.
I have uninstalled the model, I prefer Alyx though.

LymanAlpha wrote:

> On 4/28/2005 3:19 AM Lacuna brightened our day with:
>
> >INSTALLATION:
> >Once you got the archive file KorinBIKINI.zip, just extract it to a
> >folder to your hard drive for example: C:\Korinbikini\
> >Inside the KorinBikini folder , you will see 2 sub folder called:
> >Materials and Models.
> >Just drag and drop these two folders in your:
> >C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\youremail\half-life 2\hl2\
> >folder.
> >You will be prompt that there is already subfolders with name materials
> >and models in there and therefore it will overwrite files with the same
> >names.
> >Just click ok.
> >Done...
> >Now you will play the game and see the new model in your game.
> >

> I don't have any such folders named materials or models in that
> directory (All that stuff is stored inside the gcf files). I was able
> to install the mod fine, and uninstall it just by deleting said folders.
>
> --
> People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.
>
> Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
> www.inglostadt.com
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:30:52 PM

On 4/29/2005 10:30 PM Lacuna brightened our day with:

!