SP2 and Bluetooth

I have just installed SP2 for Windows XP and am eager to start using the
Bluetooth features. I have a USB Bluetooth radio adapter but there is no
Bluetooth icon in Control Panel. The adapter came with its own software
which I have installed but now I have SP2 I would rather use Windows'
integrated features. Does anyone know of a way I can set it up?

Has Windows identified your Bluetooth adapter? You should also check
Services to see if Bluetooth Support service has started.

I asked a similar question yesterday in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general because I couldn't browse or access
the files in my mobile phone. The only reply I got was that the SP2
Bluetooth support was not as comprehensive as we were led to believe, so
I disabled the Bluetooth Support service and installed the Bluetooth
software that came with my adapter instead.

"Marlon" <Marlon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I have just installed SP2 for Windows XP and am eager to start using
the
| Bluetooth features. I have a USB Bluetooth radio adapter but there is
no
| Bluetooth icon in Control Panel. The adapter came with its own
software
| which I have installed but now I have SP2 I would rather use Windows'
| integrated features. Does anyone know of a way I can set it up?

look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840635