SATA Connectors

Hello All

Is there a minimum length for SATA cables I would really like
something no more than 3 0r 4 inches long as the Board connectors are
more or less right next to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus
inches of cable looping around in the case is a pain and I understand
it is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.
9 answers Last reply
More about sata connectors

    My MSI 1U rack server came with a SATA cable about 3 inches long. I'm
    sure you could find what you want at one of the online custom cable
    shops.

    Previously Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    > Hello All

    > Is there a minimum length for SATA cables I would really like
    > something no more than 3 0r 4 inches long as the Board connectors are
    > more or less right next to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus
    > inches of cable looping around in the case is a pain and
    > I understand t is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.

    Tying them flat should not be a problem with SATA cables.
    They are twisted-pair and have very low field emmission
    and very high tolerance to external fields.

    Arno

    Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > Is there a minimum length for SATA cables

    Nope, only a maximum.

    > I would really like something no more than 3 0r 4 inches
    > long as the Board connectors are more or less right next
    > to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus inches of
    > cable looping around in the case is a pain

    Tad anal.

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:41:05 +1100, "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables
    >
    >Nope, only a maximum.

    Thanks for that

    >> I would really like something no more than 3 0r 4 inches
    >> long as the Board connectors are more or less right next
    >> to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus inches of
    >> cable looping around in the case is a pain
    >
    >Tad anal.

    If I want opinion I'd have asked for it but as usual thanks for your
    usual insightful opinion.

    On 7 Feb 2005 11:18:09 GMT, Arno Wagner <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    >Previously Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >> Hello All
    >
    >> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables I would really like
    >> something no more than 3 0r 4 inches long as the Board connectors are
    >> more or less right next to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus
    >> inches of cable looping around in the case is a pain and
    >> I understand t is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.
    >
    >Tying them flat should not be a problem with SATA cables.
    >They are twisted-pair and have very low field emmission
    >and very high tolerance to external fields.
    >
    >Arno

    Thanks Arno I'll give it a try if something breaks I won't blame you
    :-)

    > On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:41:05 +1100, "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables
    >>
    >>Nope, only a maximum.
    >
    > Thanks for that
    >>
    >>> I would really like something no more than 3 0r 4 inches
    >>> long as the Board connectors are more or less right next
    >>> to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus inches of
    >>> cable looping around in the case is a pain
    >>
    >>Tad anal.

    > If I want opinion

    It aint opinion, its fact.

    > I'd have asked for it

    You have always been, and always will be completely and utterly
    irrelevant. What you might or might not have asked for in spades.

    > but as usual thanks for your usual insightful opinion.

    No thanks for your pathetic excuse for bullshit.

    On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 05:41:17 +1100, "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >>>Tad anal.
    >
    >> If I want opinion
    >
    >It aint opinion, its fact.
    >
    >> I'd have asked for it
    >
    >You have always been, and always will be completely and utterly
    >irrelevant. What you might or might not have asked for in spades.
    >
    >> but as usual thanks for your usual insightful opinion.
    >
    >No thanks for your pathetic excuse for bullshit.

    Roddy I see nothing's changed you are and always will be a complete
    and utter prick.

    Bye

    >>> If I want opinion
    >>
    >>It aint opinion, its fact.
    >>
    >>> I'd have asked for it
    >>
    >>You have always been, and always will be completely and utterly
    >>irrelevant. What you might or might not have asked for in spades.
    >>
    >>> but as usual thanks for your usual insightful opinion.
    >>
    >>No thanks for your pathetic excuse for bullshit.

    > Roddy I see nothing's changed you are and always will be a complete
    > and utter prick.
    >
    > Bye

    Andy, I see you will always be a pathetic excuse for a bullshit artist.

    Previously Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    > On 7 Feb 2005 11:18:09 GMT, Arno Wagner <me@privacy.net> wrote:

    >>Previously Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    >>> Hello All
    >>
    >>> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables I would really like
    >>> something no more than 3 0r 4 inches long as the Board connectors are
    >>> more or less right next to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus
    >>> inches of cable looping around in the case is a pain and
    >>> I understand t is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.
    >>
    >>Tying them flat should not be a problem with SATA cables.
    >>They are twisted-pair and have very low field emmission
    >>and very high tolerance to external fields.
    >>
    >>Arno

    > Thanks Arno I'll give it a try if something breaks I won't blame you
    > :-)

    Thanks! ;-)

    Arno

SATA Cable Storage