SATA Connectors

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
February 7, 2005 3:13:25 AM

Hello All

Is there a minimum length for SATA cables I would really like
something no more than 3 0r 4 inches long as the Board connectors are
more or less right next to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus
inches of cable looping around in the case is a pain and I understand
it is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.

More about : sata connectors

February 7, 2005 12:49:17 PM

My MSI 1U rack server came with a SATA cable about 3 inches long. I'm
sure you could find what you want at one of the online custom cable
shops.

Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>Is there a minimum length for SATA cables I would really like
>something no more than 3 0r 4 inches long as the Board connectors are
>more or less right next to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus
>inches of cable looping around in the case is a pain and I understand
>it is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 7, 2005 2:18:09 PM

Previously Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello All

> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables I would really like
> something no more than 3 0r 4 inches long as the Board connectors are
> more or less right next to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus
> inches of cable looping around in the case is a pain and
> I understand t is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.

Tying them flat should not be a problem with SATA cables.
They are twisted-pair and have very low field emmission
and very high tolerance to external fields.

Arno
a b G Storage
February 7, 2005 6:41:05 PM

Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables

Nope, only a maximum.

> I would really like something no more than 3 0r 4 inches
> long as the Board connectors are more or less right next
> to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus inches of
> cable looping around in the case is a pain

Tad anal.

> and I understand it is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 7, 2005 6:41:06 PM

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:41:05 +1100, "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables
>
>Nope, only a maximum.

Thanks for that

>> I would really like something no more than 3 0r 4 inches
>> long as the Board connectors are more or less right next
>> to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus inches of
>> cable looping around in the case is a pain
>
>Tad anal.

If I want opinion I'd have asked for it but as usual thanks for your
usual insightful opinion.

>> and I understand it is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 7, 2005 10:10:14 PM

On 7 Feb 2005 11:18:09 GMT, Arno Wagner <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>Previously Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hello All
>
>> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables I would really like
>> something no more than 3 0r 4 inches long as the Board connectors are
>> more or less right next to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus
>> inches of cable looping around in the case is a pain and
>> I understand t is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.
>
>Tying them flat should not be a problem with SATA cables.
>They are twisted-pair and have very low field emmission
>and very high tolerance to external fields.
>
>Arno

Thanks Arno I'll give it a try if something breaks I won't blame you
:-)
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 8, 2005 8:41:17 AM

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:41:05 +1100, "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables
>>
>>Nope, only a maximum.
>
> Thanks for that
>>
>>> I would really like something no more than 3 0r 4 inches
>>> long as the Board connectors are more or less right next
>>> to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus inches of
>>> cable looping around in the case is a pain
>>
>>Tad anal.

> If I want opinion

It aint opinion, its fact.

> I'd have asked for it

You have always been, and always will be completely and utterly
irrelevant. What you might or might not have asked for in spades.

> but as usual thanks for your usual insightful opinion.

No thanks for your pathetic excuse for bullshit.

>>> and I understand it is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 8, 2005 8:41:18 AM

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 05:41:17 +1100, "Rod Speed" <rod_speed@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>>>Tad anal.
>
>> If I want opinion
>
>It aint opinion, its fact.
>
>> I'd have asked for it
>
>You have always been, and always will be completely and utterly
>irrelevant. What you might or might not have asked for in spades.
>
>> but as usual thanks for your usual insightful opinion.
>
>No thanks for your pathetic excuse for bullshit.

Roddy I see nothing's changed you are and always will be a complete
and utter prick.

Bye
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 8, 2005 10:13:20 AM

>>> If I want opinion
>>
>>It aint opinion, its fact.
>>
>>> I'd have asked for it
>>
>>You have always been, and always will be completely and utterly
>>irrelevant. What you might or might not have asked for in spades.
>>
>>> but as usual thanks for your usual insightful opinion.
>>
>>No thanks for your pathetic excuse for bullshit.

> Roddy I see nothing's changed you are and always will be a complete
> and utter prick.
>
> Bye

Andy, I see you will always be a pathetic excuse for a bullshit artist.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 8, 2005 4:57:35 PM

Previously Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 7 Feb 2005 11:18:09 GMT, Arno Wagner <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>>Previously Andy Lee <arl@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Hello All
>>
>>> Is there a minimum length for SATA cables I would really like
>>> something no more than 3 0r 4 inches long as the Board connectors are
>>> more or less right next to the back end of the HD's and having 8 plus
>>> inches of cable looping around in the case is a pain and
>>> I understand t is not a good idea to cable tie them flat.
>>
>>Tying them flat should not be a problem with SATA cables.
>>They are twisted-pair and have very low field emmission
>>and very high tolerance to external fields.
>>
>>Arno

> Thanks Arno I'll give it a try if something breaks I won't blame you
> :-)

Thanks! ;-)

Arno