video lost

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

I have a new PC running XP home. When I start up the
computer everything appears to work fine. The monitor
turns on and I can enter BIOS settings. Then the Windows
the screen as it is loading. It appears that it is done,
or at least switching to a different screen when the
monitor goes blank, and the LEDs on the monitor start to
flash (like when the video cable is unplugged)

How can I fix this?

Press F8 at startup and choose Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, reinstall the latest drivers for your graphics card which
can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
--
Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
www.coribright.com