video lost

I have a new PC running XP home. When I start up the
computer everything appears to work fine. The monitor
turns on and I can enter BIOS settings. Then the Windows
the screen as it is loading. It appears that it is done,
or at least switching to a different screen when the
monitor goes blank, and the LEDs on the monitor start to
flash (like when the video cable is unplugged)

How can I fix this?
1 answer Last reply
More about video lost

    Press F8 at startup and choose Safe Mode.

    Once in Safe Mode, reinstall the latest drivers for your graphics card which
    can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website.
    --
    Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    www.coribright.com

    "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a new PC running XP home. When I start up the
    > computer everything appears to work fine. The monitor
    > turns on and I can enter BIOS settings. Then the Windows
    > the screen as it is loading. It appears that it is done,
    > or at least switching to a different screen when the
    > monitor goes blank, and the LEDs on the monitor start to
    > flash (like when the video cable is unplugged)
    >
    > How can I fix this?

Video Monitors Windows XP