Remarkable Backup Hardware=tomshardware,xbit labs

Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Just when I needed something I'm happily surprised to find a product
that offers true bullet-proof backups without the anxieties or
questionable restore issues that most current tools leave you
with,anyway...reading of my favorite pc-info web sites Toms and Xbit
labs both of whom rave about Radix Protector, I was immediately
impressed but now wonder why such a marvelous tool has not really been
known outside of the larger institutions/corporations and geek insiders
especially when it will work perfectly with a home user?

http://www.radixamerica.com/

And for the skeptical..no I do not work for Radix.
10 answers Last reply
More about remarkable backup hardware tomshardware xbit labs
  1. Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    mystro wrote:
    > Just when I needed something I'm happily surprised to find a product
    > that offers true bullet-proof backups without the anxieties or
    > questionable restore issues that most current tools leave you
    > with,anyway...reading of my favorite pc-info web sites Toms and Xbit
    > labs both of whom rave about Radix Protector, I was immediately
    > impressed but now wonder why such a marvelous tool has not really
    been
    > known outside of the larger institutions/corporations and geek
    insiders
    > especially when it will work perfectly with a home user?
    >
    > http://www.radixamerica.com/
    >
    > And for the skeptical..no I do not work for Radix.

    Tomshardware has some Reviews of NAS-Appliances and USB-external
    enclosures.With some Backup-Software,you can have a
    "bullet-proof"-Backup.
    If you like it simple,use something like ghost.If you have time,use the
    built-in Backup of Windows (you have to Restore Windows,when Hardrive
    dies).

    The Radix USB-Key was tested some month ago and it offers only ONE
    Restore Point.Even Win XP allows you more then enough Restorepoints.

    A good Solution might be a Raid1 (Content of Disk1 is always written to
    Disk2) Setup and a external USB-Enclosure for not so important
    Files,which are already on CD or DVD.
  2. Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Not necessarily. Check out bartpe <http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/>.

    --
    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    For clarification,Radix does offer multible restore points except in
    the basic
    version.
  4. Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:
    > A hardware solution, and thus has lots of drawbacks over software
    ones.
    > Need to disassemble the case.
    > No notebook/laptop support.
    >
    > And so on.

    The "MLP-Version" of the USB-Stick supports Notebooks.
    It costs around 150$,Ghost are available for 5$ (Version 2003).If you
    dont mind waiting half an Hour,it would be the best Solution.If you
    need Restore instant,you have to use Radix.

    But now comes the Drawback:Radix will restore your System to a certain
    Point.Tomshardware wrote that Documents have to be in a certain
    Directory to not be overwritten with a Restore.I dont know yet,if you
    could tell which Directories to keep.At worst,you have to copy all your
    Documents and Files into a new Directory,which might be a Problem for
    somebody (if you have different Network Shares and Radix relies on his
    own).You might asked Radix first,before buying this,if its an issue for
    you.
  5. Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    mystro <netrat_@excite.com> wrote in message

    > Just when I needed something I'm happily surprised to find a product
    > that offers true bullet-proof backups without the anxieties or
    > questionable restore issues that most current tools leave you
    > with,anyway...reading of my favorite pc-info web sites Toms and Xbit
    > labs both of whom rave about Radix Protector, I was immediately
    > impressed but now wonder why such a marvelous tool has not really been
    > known outside of the larger institutions/corporations and geek insiders
    > especially when it will work perfectly with a home user?

    It wont protect against the main failure, hard drive death.

    > http://www.radixamerica.com/

    > And for the skeptical..no I do not work for Radix.
  6. Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    Maybe this link/comparison at Radix will explain some of the questions
    regarding software VS hardware restore issues..some interesting points
    without the usual over-hyping which is a welcome change.
    http://radixamerica.com/radix-vs-sw.htm
  7. Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    A hardware solution, and thus has lots of drawbacks over software ones.
    Need to disassemble the case.
    No notebook/laptop support.

    And so on.

    --
    Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
    StorageCraft Corporation

    > But now comes the Drawback:Radix will restore your System to a certain
    > Point.Tomshardware wrote that Documents have to be in a certain

    Is it possible at all with this product to exclude directories or files from
    the restore to a point?

    --
    Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP
    StorageCraft Corporation
    maxim@storagecraft.com
    http://www.storagecraft.com
  9. Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    highpurity@gmail.com wrote:
    > Maybe this link/comparison at Radix will explain some of the
    questions
    > regarding software VS hardware restore issues..some interesting
    points
    > without the usual over-hyping which is a welcome change.
    > http://radixamerica.com/radix-vs-sw.htm

    I still miss "Backup" on this Table....

    And if you wanne talk serios,you must have some Backup-Software in case
    the hardisk fail or a Power Strike blows your PC.

    Then you are almost on a Ghost-only-Solution.
  10. Archived from groups: comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    <highpurity@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Maybe this link/comparison at Radix will explain some of the questions
    > regarding software VS hardware restore issues..some interesting points
    > without the usual over-hyping which is a welcome change.
    > http://radixamerica.com/radix-vs-sw.htm

    It is however rather dishonest to not even mention that it doesnt
    protect against the most serious problem, the hard drive dying.

    Doesnt protect against the system being
    stolen either or consumed in a fire etc.

Hardware Backup Storage