acronis true image not allowing cloning ?

I am trying to clone information from one hard drive to another hard
drive. Both are western digital 120 GIG hard drives.
Drive C: has Win XP prof(with Service pack 2) with some applications
loaded. total data is 7.8 gigs. Drive D: is the destination drive and
its basically empty. It has just been partitioned and formatted with
the western digital "Disk Manager S/W that came with the hard drive, so
its ready to be cloned from the source drive. Both drives have been
scanned for any sector errors including the long scan test which lasted
hours. Both reported fine.

For some strange reason Acronis true image version 8 keeps failing to
move the data from C: to D:
It keeps on saying the following silly things:

"Acronis True Image failed to move your data because your new hard
drive does not have enough free space to complete the operation. The
reasons follow:
1. Some of your partitions contain errors. We recommend you reboot your
operating system and correct these errors
2. Your new hard disk is much smaller than the old one. Make sure have
selected the correct old hard disk. If you have chosen the "As is"
option on the previous page , go back and try to select another option"

Has anyone run into this problem? Any solutions here?. I really thought
this was going to be pretty simple. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

On 7 Feb 2005 21:22:47 -0800, dssolr@yahoo.com wrote:

>I am trying to clone information from one hard drive to another hard
>drive. Both are western digital 120 GIG hard drives.
>Drive C: has Win XP prof(with Service pack 2) with some applications
>loaded. total data is 7.8 gigs. Drive D: is the destination drive and
>its basically empty. It has just been partitioned and formatted with
>the western digital "Disk Manager S/W that came with the hard drive, so
>its ready to be cloned from the source drive. Both drives have been
>scanned for any sector errors including the long scan test which lasted
>hours. Both reported fine.
>
>For some strange reason Acronis true image version 8 keeps failing to
>move the data from C: to D:
>It keeps on saying the following silly things:
>
>"Acronis True Image failed to move your data because your new hard
>drive does not have enough free space to complete the operation. The
>reasons follow:
>1. Some of your partitions contain errors. We recommend you reboot your
>operating system and correct these errors
>2. Your new hard disk is much smaller than the old one. Make sure have
>selected the correct old hard disk. If you have chosen the "As is"
>option on the previous page , go back and try to select another option"
>

>Has anyone run into this problem? Any solutions here?. I really thought
>this was going to be pretty simple. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

I just did a clone yesterday going from a 80G into a 250G drive with
no problem. I would suggerst going to
http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/ and loading the latest
software, big improvements since coming out.

In article <t43h019o5q81hg1aubg70kcp3fp3k55nt6@4ax.com>,
IDIDIT <VISCH@EVASION.COM> wrote:
>On 7 Feb 2005 21:22:47 -0800, dssolr@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>I am trying to clone information from one hard drive to another hard
>>drive. Both are western digital 120 GIG hard drives.
>>Drive C: has Win XP prof(with Service pack 2) with some applications
>>loaded. total data is 7.8 gigs. Drive D: is the destination drive and
>>its basically empty. It has just been partitioned and formatted with
>>the western digital "Disk Manager S/W that came with the hard drive, so
>>its ready to be cloned from the source drive. Both drives have been
>>scanned for any sector errors including the long scan test which lasted
>>hours. Both reported fine.
>>
>>For some strange reason Acronis true image version 8 keeps failing to
>>move the data from C: to D:
>>It keeps on saying the following silly things:
>>
>>"Acronis True Image failed to move your data because your new hard
>>drive does not have enough free space to complete the operation. The
>>reasons follow:
>>1. Some of your partitions contain errors. We recommend you reboot your
>>operating system and correct these errors
>>2. Your new hard disk is much smaller than the old one. Make sure have
>>selected the correct old hard disk. If you have chosen the "As is"
>>option on the previous page , go back and try to select another option"
>>

>>Has anyone run into this problem? Any solutions here?. I really thought
>>this was going to be pretty simple. Grumble, grumble, grumble.
>
>I just did a clone yesterday going from a 80G into a 250G drive with
>no problem. I would suggerst going to
>http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/ and loading the latest
>software, big improvements since coming out.

The message says your file system has error. Try a chkdsk /r.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.