1394 Firewire card

The Product is MERCURY PCI 1394 Firewire Card
by Manhattan/part# 1685880.
The problem is when I turn on my video camera it is
searching for new software. It does not recognize the new
card that was installed. I installed the software for the
camera and the 1394 firewire card. The box indicates the
card is for 98/2000 but when I contacted Mercury and they
told me that XP should be recognizing the new hardware.
What to do?
3 answers Last reply
More about 1394 firewire card

    Now, I'm not sure we have a single problem here or two....

    When you turned on the PC after installing the IEEE1394 card, XP should have
    installed the correct drivers for the CARD. You can verify this by looking
    in Device Manager - you should see the line IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers
    with NO YELLOW exclamation points by it. This will confirm the IEEE 1394
    card is installed correctly.

    Once it's installed correctly, then you connect the digital camcorder to the
    PC, ensuring that the camcorder is powered by A/C and NOT by its internal
    battery AND turn the camcorder on in VCR mode.

    Then you should here the familiar USB 'ding' and XP should find and install
    drivers for the camcorder.

    So, I have no real idea of exactly where in the setup you are having the
    problem......

    --
    Cari ((MS-MVP Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    www.coribright.com

    "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The Product is MERCURY PCI 1394 Firewire Card
    > by Manhattan/part# 1685880.
    > The problem is when I turn on my video camera it is
    > searching for new software. It does not recognize the new
    > card that was installed. I installed the software for the
    > camera and the 1394 firewire card. The box indicates the
    > card is for 98/2000 but when I contacted Mercury and they
    > told me that XP should be recognizing the new hardware.
    > What to do?

    There is no YELLOW exclamation point by tge IEEE 1394 but
    there is a YELLOW exclamation point by 1394 Netware
    adopter? Does that have anything to do with it? I have no
    idea what to try next? When you say it should be powered
    on by the AC - do you mean just the wall outlet to the
    camera, like it is being charged?
    Thanks

    you are not networking via firewire so on that entry you can right click and
    select disable.

    Yes, it should be connected to the wall outlet.
    www.coribright.com

Video Mercury Firewire Windows XP