Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Buffalo LinkStation makes intermittent clicking noise

Tags:
  • Hardware
  • Buffalo
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 10, 2005 11:50:37 PM

Hi.

I recently bought 300 GB LinkStaton by Buffalo Technology. It seems to
work fine, but every hour or so, it makes a brief clicking noise similar
to the noise that computers make when they goes into power saving mode.
LinkStation does have an option for a sleep mode, but it's disabled. Does
anyone know if this noise is a part of the normal operation of a LinkStation?
Thanks.

-3-

More about : buffalo linkstation makes intermittent clicking noise

Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 11, 2005 12:23:54 PM

<third@whasup.com> wrote in message

> I recently bought 300 GB LinkStaton by Buffalo Technology. It seems to
> work fine, but every hour or so, it makes a brief clicking noise similar
> to the noise that computers make when they goes into power saving mode.
> LinkStation does have an option for a sleep mode, but it's disabled. Does
> anyone know if this noise is a part of the normal operation of a LinkStation?

Some drives do that, maybe its just more audible when in one of those.

Do you know what drive is used in it ?
Anonymous
a b G Storage
February 11, 2005 12:23:55 PM

As per Rod Speed (rod_speed@yahoo.com):

> <third@whasup.com> wrote in message
>
> > I recently bought 300 GB LinkStaton by Buffalo Technology. It seems to
> > work fine, but every hour or so, it makes a brief clicking noise similar
> > to the noise that computers make when they goes into power saving mode.
> > LinkStation does have an option for a sleep mode, but it's disabled. Does
> > anyone know if this noise is a part of the normal operation of a LinkStation?
>
> Some drives do that, maybe its just more audible when in one of those.
>
> Do you know what drive is used in it ?

Nope. I can telnet to it, but can find nothing hardware related in the logs.

-3-