Wireless home network

What are the steps involved in setting up a wireless home
network for internet connection sharing, and file and
printer sharing. All WINDOWS XP Machines with linksys
cards and SMC Access Point. Successfully attached all
laptops to the wireless device and they are able to see
the Internet - now want to make them part of a workgroup
and connect them for file and printer sharing
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless home network

    Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "happycomputer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What are the steps involved in setting up a wireless home
    > network for internet connection sharing, and file and
    > printer sharing. All WINDOWS XP Machines with linksys
    > cards and SMC Access Point. Successfully attached all
    > laptops to the wireless device and they are able to see
    > the Internet - now want to make them part of a workgroup
    > and connect them for file and printer sharing

    So - You don;t have to run the Network Connection
    wizard???? Seems every time I run it - it takes over teh
    machine. Just creating shared folders and printers is all
    that's necesary??

    wrote in message
    >> What are the steps involved in setting up a wireless
    home
    >> network for internet connection sharing, and file and
    >> printer sharing. All WINDOWS XP Machines with linksys
    >> cards and SMC Access Point. Successfully attached all
    >> laptops to the wireless device and they are able to see
    >> the Internet - now want to make them part of a workgroup
    >> and connect them for file and printer sharing
    >

    >.

Wireless Internet Connection Printers Wireless Networking