Wireless home network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
August 24, 2004 6:43:04 PM

What are the steps involved in setting up a wireless home
network for internet connection sharing, and file and
printer sharing. All WINDOWS XP Machines with linksys
cards and SMC Access Point. Successfully attached all
laptops to the wireless device and they are able to see
the Internet - now want to make them part of a workgroup
and connect them for file and printer sharing

More about : wireless home network

August 24, 2004 10:18:46 PM

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"happycomputer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What are the steps involved in setting up a wireless home
> network for internet connection sharing, and file and
> printer sharing. All WINDOWS XP Machines with linksys
> cards and SMC Access Point. Successfully attached all
> laptops to the wireless device and they are able to see
> the Internet - now want to make them part of a workgroup
> and connect them for file and printer sharing
August 25, 2004 7:28:26 AM

So - You don;t have to run the Network Connection
wizard???? Seems every time I run it - it takes over teh
machine. Just creating shared folders and printers is all
that's necesary??