0x80070570 Error while installing

I always get this error while installing Windows 7 Professional x64 OEM on a system I just built. It always occurs when about 16% done expanding files.

Specs of this system:
Intel Core i3-540
PNY 1333MHz DDR3 2x2gb
EVGA H55V
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250GB
LiteOn SATA 24x internal CD/DVD writer
CoolerMaster Elite 300 Case
CoolerMaster Elite 460W PSU
8 answers Last reply
More about 0x80070570 error installing
  1. I removed a stick of RAM, and finally got past 16%. It smoked up there, then when installing updates, it blue screened.
  2. Try testing your ram in another system, those 0x,bla,bla , looks like a memory error..:)
  3. Finally got it to work with an older Win7 disk. I ran Memtest on it and found the cheapy PNY RAM ($80 bucks i want my money back!) was faulty. BOTH modules.
  4. confirmed. faulty ram. going back to vendor, nice new OCZ ram coming.
  5. Hi guys, ***short answer at the bottom***

I just spent about 6 hours on this very issue trying to upgrade from xp with an academic version of 7 Pro (64bit) that I downloaded and am finally working my way through the install process. I thought I would share what worked for me.

First off, dont boot from a CD, use a thumb drive. I used a 4G (make sure it is backed up because it is going to get wiped clean.
    Second, you will need an ISO file for my process to work.

1. Get UltraISO and install it

2. Run UltraISO and locate your ISO file

3. Double click the ISO file then select the bootable tab at the top

4. Choose Write Disk Image

5. Click the Format button at the bottom and format your drive NTFS or FAT32 should do fine

6. Select your write method (I used USB-HDD because it was one of my BIOS options, this may change for you, im not sure) this will put the ISO file on your thumb drive. When complete go to my computer. Your drive type should now read CD Drive

Ok now you are ready to install. When I did my install I only used a keyboard (i read that you dont want any extra usb ports active) so you might do the same for security.

1. Stick your thumb drive in a usb port

2. Boot your comp and go to your BIOS

3. Set your first boot settings to USB-HDD or whatever you wrote your ISO as
    - you can also just pull up the boot menu and select USB-HDD if your system has that option

4. If you set your BIOS, just save and let your comp run. If you use the boot menu, select your USB format (again I used USB-HDD) and let it run.

5. Go through the installation process (tab to scroll +/= to check any necessary boxes)

WARNING: after you complete the install your system will reboot and try to do it again..and again...and again. Dont let this happen to you. I installed about 8 iterations of win7 before i realized i wasnt updating i was just doing the same thing over and over.

So, After your first restart, pop out your thumb drive and restart your comp. It should run through the rest of the process.

6. YOU ARE DONE!! just let things play out as they should and enter your key. You are on easy street now.

Congratulations my friends, your suffering is over....hopefully

**if you have questions pm me if you like. I was pretty exhausted writing this but i dont wish this on even my worst enemy. good luck!
  6. wcard said:
    Hi guys, ***short answer at the bottom***

I just spent about 6 hours on this very issue trying to upgrade from xp with an academic version of 7 Pro (64bit) that I downloaded and am finally working my way through the install process. I thought I would share what worked for me.

First off, dont boot from a CD, use a thumb drive. I used a 4G (make sure it is backed up because it is going to get wiped clean.
    Second, you will need an ISO file for my process to work.

1. Get UltraISO and install it

2. Run UltraISO and locate your ISO file

3. Double click the ISO file then select the bootable tab at the top

4. Choose Write Disk Image

5. Click the Format button at the bottom and format your drive NTFS or FAT32 should do fine

6. Select your write method (I used USB-HDD because it was one of my BIOS options, this may change for you, im not sure) this will put the ISO file on your thumb drive. When complete go to my computer. Your drive type should now read CD Drive

Ok now you are ready to install. When I did my install I only used a keyboard (i read that you dont want any extra usb ports active) so you might do the same for security.

1. Stick your thumb drive in a usb port

2. Boot your comp and go to your BIOS

3. Set your first boot settings to USB-HDD or whatever you wrote your ISO as
    - you can also just pull up the boot menu and select USB-HDD if your system has that option

4. If you set your BIOS, just save and let your comp run. If you use the boot menu, select your USB format (again I used USB-HDD) and let it run.

5. Go through the installation process (tab to scroll +/= to check any necessary boxes)

WARNING: after you complete the install your system will reboot and try to do it again..and again...and again. Dont let this happen to you. I installed about 8 iterations of win7 before i realized i wasnt updating i was just doing the same thing over and over.

So, After your first restart, pop out your thumb drive and restart your comp. It should run through the rest of the process.

6. YOU ARE DONE!! just let things play out as they should and enter your key. You are on easy street now.

Congratulations my friends, your suffering is over....hopefully

**if you have questions pm me if you like. I was pretty exhausted writing this but i dont wish this on even my worst enemy. good luck!

Need your assistance mate. I did all the above but the error shows exactly at 34% of the initial setup. I'm getting really tired and frustrated with my new computer as I haven't yet been able to install Win 7 Pro x64 sp1. Any further help will be highly appreciated.
  7. anghellix said:
    Need your assistance mate. I did all the above but the error shows exactly at 34% of the initial setup. I'm getting really tired and frustrated with my new computer as I haven't yet been able to install Win 7 Pro x64 sp1. Any further help will be highly appreciated.

Sadly, I have no further advice on the matter. Its been over a year since I went through this. Im just replying in case you are banking on me helping to fix the problem :/

Are you upgrading from XP? Maybe try a different copy to upgrade from. Thats all I can really think of off the top of my head. Even if it is the exact same situation I had, you will probably just have to blaze your own trail.

I am sorry to hear that someone else is going through this though. You certainly have my sympathies.

Just stay persistent and youll get it.

Sorry I cant help more, but Good Luck!
  8. I'm gonna install my trusted WinXP Pro and then try to upgrade to Win7 Pro if I'm in the mood to explore further! There's a lotta stuff I read online where ppl have suggested reseating the CMOS battery as well! Well, I did try and do that as well... Lol.

Thanks for your time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooler Master Windows 7