LCD Monitor Power Save

My LCD monitor is set up to turn off after 20 minutes.
When my wife is logged on, the LCD monitor turns off
after 20 minutes. However, when I am logged on, the
monitor does not turn off. Instead, it displays the
Welcome screen. This is a Windows XP Professional
system. Does anybody know what's wrong? Thanks for any
help I can get.
1 answer Last reply
More about monitor power save

    Adjust your monitor turn off policy from Control panel -> power Options
    This is per user setting, so make sure you adjust it from your wife's
    account as well.

    You see the Welcome screen because your screen saver setting "On Resume,
    display Welcome Scrreen" is selected. You may be using the "blank" screen
    saver.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "qstorm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My LCD monitor is set up to turn off after 20 minutes.
    > When my wife is logged on, the LCD monitor turns off
    > after 20 minutes. However, when I am logged on, the
    > monitor does not turn off. Instead, it displays the
    > Welcome screen. This is a Windows XP Professional
    > system. Does anybody know what's wrong? Thanks for any
    > help I can get.

Video LCD Monitor Microsoft Power Windows XP