LCD Monitor Power Save

My LCD monitor is set up to turn off after 20 minutes.
When my wife is logged on, the LCD monitor turns off
after 20 minutes. However, when I am logged on, the
monitor does not turn off. Instead, it displays the
Welcome screen. This is a Windows XP Professional
system. Does anybody know what's wrong? Thanks for any
help I can get.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

Adjust your monitor turn off policy from Control panel -> power Options
This is per user setting, so make sure you adjust it from your wife's
account as well.

You see the Welcome screen because your screen saver setting "On Resume,
display Welcome Scrreen" is selected. You may be using the "blank" screen
saver.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker