Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dvd burning from Movie maker 2

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 20, 2004 8:50:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I have spent hours trying to burn a dvd using Sonic and
Nero to no avail. I have saved movie in AVI format and that
still does not help. I have read on microdoft site how easy
it is to do but I just can't see it.
Is there anywhere I can turn to for simple advice step by
step so as to acomplish this.
I'm desperate and appreciate any guidance.
Cheers Bruno
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 8:50:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

It really is very easy...

Edit your movie using MovieMaker 2.

Save your results as a DV-AVI file.

Open the app that you are using to create DVDs (I use Sonic MyDVD 5.3).
Import the file you just created. Make whatever adjustments to the DVD
interface that you wish.

Insert a blank DVD into your drive, and hit Record.


If you are having errors or specific issues, it would be better to post
exactly what errors/problems/issues you are having.

Bobby


"Bruno" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:a35f01c48710$7c217350$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>I have spent hours trying to burn a dvd using Sonic and
> Nero to no avail. I have saved movie in AVI format and that
> still does not help. I have read on microdoft site how easy
> it is to do but I just can't see it.
> Is there anywhere I can turn to for simple advice step by
> step so as to acomplish this.
> I'm desperate and appreciate any guidance.
> Cheers Bruno
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 4:55:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

How much did you spend for MyDvd 5.3? If you burn as you have stated below,
can the dvd be played in a regular dvd player or does it have to be played on
a computer?

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> It really is very easy...
>
> Edit your movie using MovieMaker 2.
>
> Save your results as a DV-AVI file.
>
> Open the app that you are using to create DVDs (I use Sonic MyDVD 5.3).
> Import the file you just created. Make whatever adjustments to the DVD
> interface that you wish.
>
> Insert a blank DVD into your drive, and hit Record.
>
>
> If you are having errors or specific issues, it would be better to post
> exactly what errors/problems/issues you are having.
>
> Bobby
>
>
> "Bruno" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:a35f01c48710$7c217350$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> >I have spent hours trying to burn a dvd using Sonic and
> > Nero to no avail. I have saved movie in AVI format and that
> > still does not help. I have read on microdoft site how easy
> > it is to do but I just can't see it.
> > Is there anywhere I can turn to for simple advice step by
> > step so as to acomplish this.
> > I'm desperate and appreciate any guidance.
> > Cheers Bruno
>
>
>
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 9:47:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

If I recall correctly, I paid $49.95 on a special offer from Sonic. Yes, it
plays on stand-alone DVDs, but there is no guarantee as each player is
different. I have a Samsung, and RCA and Sony DVD players and they all play
DVD's I make. The RCA is a little finicky and will play only DVD-R discs.
I use a Sony DRU-500a as my recorder...it will record all formats with the
exception of DVD-Ram and Dual Layer.

Bobby

"2Learn" <2Learn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A91754C6-E74B-4F89-A0EE-5390F07D29C4@microsoft.com...
> How much did you spend for MyDvd 5.3? If you burn as you have stated
> below,
> can the dvd be played in a regular dvd player or does it have to be played
> on
> a computer?
>
> "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:
>
>> It really is very easy...
>>
>> Edit your movie using MovieMaker 2.
>>
>> Save your results as a DV-AVI file.
>>
>> Open the app that you are using to create DVDs (I use Sonic MyDVD 5.3).
>> Import the file you just created. Make whatever adjustments to the DVD
>> interface that you wish.
>>
>> Insert a blank DVD into your drive, and hit Record.
>>
>>
>> If you are having errors or specific issues, it would be better to post
>> exactly what errors/problems/issues you are having.
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>>
>> "Bruno" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:a35f01c48710$7c217350$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>> >I have spent hours trying to burn a dvd using Sonic and
>> > Nero to no avail. I have saved movie in AVI format and that
>> > still does not help. I have read on microdoft site how easy
>> > it is to do but I just can't see it.
>> > Is there anywhere I can turn to for simple advice step by
>> > step so as to acomplish this.
>> > I'm desperate and appreciate any guidance.
>> > Cheers Bruno
>>
>>
>>
!