No audio play on DVDs

August 21, 2004 3:21:54 AM

I use a laptop on which I regularly play work DVDs, with
sound, (eg interviews sent around the company etc, on
disk) and no problem. However when I try to play a movie
DVD I cannot get sound on any and I've tried heaps. I play
music CDs no problem. I have gone into every conceivable
place in my control panel to look at sound setup etc. I
have rebooted blah blah...Funny thing - after attempting
to play a movie I get an icon on my bottom toolbar which
has the message "DirectCD, No supported drive!" attached
to it. This disappears after another shutting down.
Any ideas greatly appreciated!

More about : audio play dvds

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:39:55 AM

What DVD software(player) are you using? Have you tried
selecting the audio streams? That can be found on
the "preferences" or "options" of your DVD player
software...

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 5:33:01 AM

I am using Windows Media Player v. 9 - the latest. Have tried everything on
the whole menu!
I think I'm missing some sort of driver but can't work out what therefore
can't rectify it. But can anyone tell me if I'm missing a driver then how can
I get (a) the DVD picture and (b) music on CD?? I have no problem with these.

"bim" wrote:

> What DVD software(player) are you using? Have you tried
> selecting the audio streams? That can be found on
> the "preferences" or "options" of your DVD player
> software...

August 21, 2004 5:39:01 AM

I have just gone back in yet again to Media Player, chosen 'Tools', 'Options'
and there is not an audio tab, and no other tab has anything about sound,
just the speaker tab on which I have already chosen 'laptop stereo speakers'
and checked that the volume buttons are all up.?????

"bim" wrote:

> What DVD software(player) are you using? Have you tried
> selecting the audio streams? That can be found on
> the "preferences" or "options" of your DVD player
> software...

August 21, 2004 4:55:59 PM

You might be missing the "DVD Video" or MPEG2 codec. Install trial version
of WinDVD and try again.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker