how do I force windows xp to boot into 256 color modewitho..

Nicholas

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

how do I force windows xp to boot into 256 color mode
without booting to safe mode? I know the option is there
somewhere, I just don't remember where I saw it. friend
put an old video card into his system, and now computer
boots to 16 colors, not fully supported by windows. he
can boot to safe mode just fine. other things I will try
after this if it does not work are to clear nvram,
uninstall video drivers and reinstall, and check device
manager for the old video card.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Found it, never mind.
press F8 at post screen and one of the options is
something related to 256 color mode. boot up, right click
on display, change color quality up to 32 bit, slide the
resolution to desired setting, click ok, reboot, fixed.