Valve & VU Games Suits Settled

from Blues News http://www.bluesnews.com/
so VU games will not be Valves publishers from August onward. So will Valve
be selling all their stuff via Steam from now on ?
that choking sound you can hear is probably sayNO ....
5 answers Last reply
More about valve games suits settled

    > VU games will not be Valves publishers from August
    > onward
    > that choking sound you can hear is probably sayNO ....

    Imho this is a far worse problem

    <quote>
    any license agreement from Sierra Entertainment, Vivendi Universal
    Games or any of their affiliates or distributors that may have granted
    rights to use Valve games in cyber cafés, whether written or oral, is
    terminated.
    </quote>

    Could give some distributors problems

    rgds

    According to PC Gamer Magazine the HL2 expansion is only going to be
    available via Steam :(

    "UKREB" <UKREB@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
    > According to PC Gamer Magazine the HL2 expansion is only going to be
    > available via Steam :(

    Thats fine - it'll prove whether Steam is a viable way of selling games or
    not.
    There will be no 'impulse' buying of games from Valve. Its not like you can
    walk
    into a store and see a game - read the box and slap your cash down. Added to
    that
    the fact that its a real hassle to sell a Valve game if you get tired of it
    I'll need a demo
    of the expansion first - no demo no buy.

    "Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
    > from Blues News http://www.bluesnews.com/
    > so VU games will not be Valves publishers from August onward. So will
    > Valve be selling all their stuff via Steam from now on ?
    > that choking sound you can hear is probably sayNO ....

    There isn't anyone around familiar with the heimleich maneuver, is
    there? ;)
    McG.

    Sleepy wrote:
    > Thats fine - it'll prove whether Steam is a viable way of selling games or
    > not.
    > There will be no 'impulse' buying of games from Valve. Its not like you can
    > walk
    > into a store and see a game - read the box and slap your cash down. Added to
    > that
    > the fact that its a real hassle to sell a Valve game if you get tired of it
    > I'll need a demo
    > of the expansion first - no demo no buy.

    Thats a good point actually - when you actually have to think about
    spending that €40 it's much less likely to happen so easily.

    Definitely I'll be waiting until well after the expansion is released
    before I weigh up on the possibility of buying it, especially over steam...

    Civilian_Target

Valve Games Steam Video Games