help with falsh seting on c8080 olympus

hi saw your name on net can you help me with the c8080

somehow I am not getting the flash to fire in low light unless I flip
up the pop up
I tried holding the flash button and using the wheel to set to auto
but that doesn't work
It will only do that when the flash is popped up.. and still not flash
in low light
What am I doing wrong.
send to alpert@mail.com

"marv" <alpert@mail.com> wrote in message
> hi saw your name on net can you help me with the c8080
>
> somehow I am not getting the flash to fire in low light unless I flip
> up the pop up
> I tried holding the flash button and using the wheel to set to auto
> but that doesn't work
> It will only do that when the flash is popped up.. and still not flash
> in low light
> What am I doing wrong.
> send to alpert@mail.com

The flash has to be popped up to work. And there should be a fill-flash
setting that makes the flash work regardless of the light level. See the
manual for details.