Power connector on Samsung HD's

I'm thinking about buying a Samsung, but I read a comment that they
have a non-standard power connector. Anyone know about this? Would
an OEM drive include an adaptor for the power to standard 4-pin style?
8 answers Last reply
More about power connector samsung

    chrisv wrote:
    > I'm thinking about buying a Samsung, but I read a comment that they
    > have a non-standard power connector. Anyone know about this? Would
    > an OEM drive include an adaptor for the power to standard 4-pin style?

    All ATA hard drives use the same power connector.
    It's the new Serial ATA hard drives that come with a newer style of
    power connector.

    All of HDD's connector was designsd with Industry standard,

    Previously chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    > I'm thinking about buying a Samsung, but I read a comment that they
    > have a non-standard power connector. Anyone know about this? Would
    > an OEM drive include an adaptor for the power to standard 4-pin style?

    I have two samsungs, standard connectors on both. I think this
    is BS. Of course to the uninformed an SATA power connector may
    look non-standard.

    Arno

    Hi,

    Does anyone has the links to Samsung HDD specs?

    Thanks.
    kongyew@w-manager.com

    Okay. Thanks all.

    chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

    > I'm thinking about buying a Samsung, but I read a comment that they
    > have a non-standard power connector. Anyone know about this?

    Its complete bullshit.

    > Would an OEM drive include an adaptor
    > for the power to standard 4-pin style?

    Doesnt need one.

    > chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >
    >> I'm thinking about buying a Samsung, but I read a comment that they
    >> have a non-standard power connector. Anyone know about this?
    >
    > Its complete bullshit.

    True

    >> Would an OEM drive include an adaptor
    >> for the power to standard 4-pin style?
    >
    > Doesnt need one.

    He will if it's an SATA drive, and his PSU doesn't have the SATA plug.

    --
    Derek

    <kongyew@w-manager.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone has the links to Samsung HDD specs?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > kongyew@w-manager.com

    http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_type.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1624584440.1108572693@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceadddlijfilgcfejceefdfggdhgi.0&eUser=&prod_path=%2fComputers+and+Related%2fHDD

    If that doesn't work go to here http://www.samsung.com/ and click
    Products>Hard Disk Drives

    --
    Derek