WMM and camcorder??

Helo.
I am trying to connect my Sony camcorder to my computer with a Aux in plug
as in the audio plug and a composite plug for the video. but I can just hear
the audio in the computer cant c the video. How do i connect my camcorder to
the computer. I have the IEEE 1394 and i read that I will also need a video
card , wat kinda of video card do i need?cuz then i'll search for it in my
computer. Im trying this for the first time and want to burn my home videos
into a cd, and the windows movie maker can make my videos look like real
movies. Thank you. ps: is there any special plugs needed to connect the
camcorder?
5 answers Last reply
More about camcorder

    you will need a fire wire card to run your camcorder
    through your pc and create vcd's.

    Is this a digital camcorder or an analog one?
    www.coribright.com

    "Zaf" <Zaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Helo.
    > I am trying to connect my Sony camcorder to my computer with a Aux in plug
    > as in the audio plug and a composite plug for the video. but I can just
    > hear
    > the audio in the computer cant c the video. How do i connect my camcorder
    > the computer. I have the IEEE 1394 and i read that I will also need a
    > video
    > card , wat kinda of video card do i need?cuz then i'll search for it in my
    > computer. Im trying this for the first time and want to burn my home
    > videos
    > into a cd, and the windows movie maker can make my videos look like real
    > movies. Thank you. ps: is there any special plugs needed to connect the
    > camcorder?

    hi,cari

    its written videoHi8 handycam vision.i think it means its an analog one. i
    also got a reply saying ''that i have to use a fire wire card'' sorry for
    asking but do i need to fix this card in the hard drive or can i download it
    from sum site? thank u. thank you for the replies.

    "Zaf" wrote:

    > Helo.
    > I am trying to connect my Sony camcorder to my computer with a Aux in plug
    > as in the audio plug and a composite plug for the video. but I can just hear
    > the audio in the computer cant c the video. How do i connect my camcorder to
    > the computer. I have the IEEE 1394 and i read that I will also need a video
    > card , wat kinda of video card do i need?cuz then i'll search for it in my
    > computer. Im trying this for the first time and want to burn my home videos
    > into a cd, and the windows movie maker can make my videos look like real
    > movies. Thank you. ps: is there any special plugs needed to connect the
    > camcorder?

    Look at the label on the bottom of your camcorder--on the label is your model
    number (looks like "CCD-TRV128" or something similar).

    Now go find it at the Sony web site at http://www.sonystyle.com

    On the Sony site, follow the Electronics > Cancorder links (at left side of
    page) to find your model.

    If the product description doesn't tell you what you want to know, then
    scroll back up to the top of the page and try the Customer SUpport link. On
    the Customer SUpport page, there's a link to the "Product Support Site"
    --follow that to the "Support and Registration" page. At the top of that
    page, follow the "Documentation" link ( or the Knowledgebase link, or
    Tutorial link, ...), and then enter your model number when prompted.

    From here, you can download the electronic edition of the manual for your
    cam. It should tell you all about connecting to a computer. If you still
    have questions, send Sony tech support email asking what you need to connect
    and transfer video from your cam model to a PC.

    Good luck!

    Skookum

    > hi,cari
    >
    > its written videoHi8 handycam vision.i think it means its an analog one. i
    > also got a reply saying ''that i have to use a fire wire card'' sorry for
    > asking but do i need to fix this card in the hard drive or can i download it
    > from sum site? thank u. thank you for the replies.
    >
    > "Zaf" wrote:
    >
    > > Helo.
    > > I am trying to connect my Sony camcorder to my computer with a Aux in plug
    > > as in the audio plug and a composite plug for the video. but I can just hear
    > > the audio in the computer cant c the video. How do i connect my camcorder to
    > > the computer. I have the IEEE 1394 and i read that I will also need a video
    > > card , wat kinda of video card do i need?cuz then i'll search for it in my
    > > computer. Im trying this for the first time and want to burn my home videos
    > > into a cd, and the windows movie maker can make my videos look like real
    > > movies. Thank you. ps: is there any special plugs needed to connect the
    > > camcorder?

    As it's Hi8 it will be analogue.
    In order to get the video on to the pc, you need to use either a graphics
    card which has video in/out (VIVO) capability, or purchase either an
    internal analogue capture card or external device.
    See
    www.pinnaclesys.com chaep external
    www.canopus.com quality internal/external
    www.miglia.com quality external
    These will capture the video as a digital signal, thus you can import into
    MM and edit straight away. If you use the graphics card route you often need
    to convert the movie into an avi file before editing.
    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media
    "Skookum" <Skookum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Look at the label on the bottom of your camcorder--on the label is your
    model
    > number (looks like "CCD-TRV128" or something similar).
    >
    > Now go find it at the Sony web site at http://www.sonystyle.com
    >
    > On the Sony site, follow the Electronics > Cancorder links (at left side
    of
    > page) to find your model.
    >
    > If the product description doesn't tell you what you want to know, then
    > scroll back up to the top of the page and try the Customer SUpport link.
    On
    > the Customer SUpport page, there's a link to the "Product Support Site"
    > --follow that to the "Support and Registration" page. At the top of that
    > page, follow the "Documentation" link ( or the Knowledgebase link, or
    > Tutorial link, ...), and then enter your model number when prompted.
    >
    > From here, you can download the electronic edition of the manual for your
    > cam. It should tell you all about connecting to a computer. If you still
    > have questions, send Sony tech support email asking what you need to
    connect
    > and transfer video from your cam model to a PC.
    >
    > Good luck!
    >
    > Skookum
    >
    > > hi,cari
    > >
    > > its written videoHi8 handycam vision.i think it means its an analog one.
    > > also got a reply saying ''that i have to use a fire wire card'' sorry
    for
    > > asking but do i need to fix this card in the hard drive or can i
    download it
    > > from sum site? thank u. thank you for the replies.
    > >
    > > "Zaf" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Helo.
    > > > I am trying to connect my Sony camcorder to my computer with a Aux in
    plug
    > > > as in the audio plug and a composite plug for the video. but I can
    just hear
    > > > the audio in the computer cant c the video. How do i connect my
    camcorder to
    > > > the computer. I have the IEEE 1394 and i read that I will also need a
    video
    > > > card , wat kinda of video card do i need?cuz then i'll search for it
    in my
    > > > computer. Im trying this for the first time and want to burn my home
    videos
    > > > into a cd, and the windows movie maker can make my videos look like
    real
    > > > movies. Thank you. ps: is there any special plugs needed to connect
    the
    > > > camcorder?

Video Connection Computers Camcorders Windows XP