Net Gear

I've had Net Gear wireless Router MR814V2 on my computer for a year now and
have had not problems with it working.
Now I changed virus protection companies from Norton (which by the way I
removed completely as the directions said to) to Freedom Zero Knowledge.
Now when my computer starts up, I get a message regarding the G drive which
is my netgear drive. There are several messages I receive. One is 6d4: QT
Taqsk.exe no disk (There is no disk in drive G) and 1f4:QTtask no disk (no
disk in drive device\hardisk1\DR2.
I contacted Net Gear and they were useless in their fix for it. They said
they recommend I contact the software vendor for the solution. That is fine,
but what software vendor?
Has anyone had this happen and how do I get rid of it?
Thank you
Diane

"dianetheresa" <dianetheresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've had Net Gear wireless Router MR814V2 on my computer for a year now
> and
> have had not problems with it working.
> Now I changed virus protection companies from Norton (which by the way I
> removed completely as the directions said to) to Freedom Zero Knowledge.
> Now when my computer starts up, I get a message regarding the G drive
> which
> is my netgear drive. There are several messages I receive. One is 6d4: QT
> Taqsk.exe no disk (There is no disk in drive G) and 1f4:QTtask no disk (no
> disk in drive device\hardisk1\DR2.
> I contacted Net Gear and they were useless in their fix for it. They said
> they recommend I contact the software vendor for the solution. That is
> fine,
> but what software vendor?

The vendor for your antivirus. Although, as I read their site, the program
you are using contains a firewall.

> Has anyone had this happen and how do I get rid of it?

You probably have a misconfigured firewall. Look at the documentation,
help files, etc. for the firewall. Or call Freedom Zero Knowledge product
support.

"dianetheresa" <dianetheresa@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:B8251CD1-10EF-4DC7-88F8-19A33E34C8E9@microsoft.com...
> but what software vendor?

The vendor of Freedom Zero Knowledge.

> Has anyone had this happen and how do I get rid of it?

Perhaps you should get rid of your new virus protection software.

Christian

Are you sure this problem is associated with the Anti virus software? What
exactly does your router have to do with a G drive? Isn't QTTask associated
with Apple's quicktime?

I suspect you're looking in the wrong place to associate the blame for the
problem.