Seagate warranty web site

About eight months ago Seagate announced that they were changing the
warranty on all of their internal hard drives and most of their
internal oem hard drives to five years.

I recently bought a Seagate internal oem hard drive and the Seagate
web site said that the warranty ended in about a year. Someone else
said that they bought a retail drive and the Seagate web site said
that the warranty ended in about ten months.

Has anyone checked a hard drive and had the Seagate web site say it
had a five year warranty? Thank you in advance for all replies.
in a circle until he gets too dizzy to stand up. What is cruel about
it is that I don't do it nearly as much as he wants me to.

More about seagate warranty site

    Daniel Prince wrote:

    > About eight months ago Seagate announced that they were changing the
    > warranty on all of their internal hard drives and most of their
    > internal oem hard drives to five years.

    Yup. Put a couple of them in a client's machine just before Christmas.
    Checked the warranty before I installed them. Warranty's up in November
    2009.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote:

    >Yup. Put a couple of them in a client's machine just before Christmas.
    >Checked the warranty before I installed them. Warranty's up in November
    >2009.

    Were these oem or retail drives?

    Daniel Prince wrote:

    > "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>Yup. Put a couple of them in a client's machine just before Christmas.
    >>Checked the warranty before I installed them. Warranty's up in November
    >>2009.
    >
    > Were these oem or retail drives?

    OEM. I seldom buy retail-boxed drives.

    --