I can't see the wireless printer

I have a wireless network that has a laptop (XP Home) and a PC (XP Pro)
attached. A HP Deskjet 610C is connected to the PC via a serial cable.

I have installed the printer drivers onto both computers however i cannot
see the printer from my Laptop and it won't install as a network printer
because of this. When I try to add the printer i can see the home network
and even the other PC but it does not allow me to see the printer that is
connected to it.

I have changed the IP address's so that they are sinilar and gone through a
few other changes like disabling the firewall etc but still nothing.

If i try it the other way around and connect the printer to the laptop i can
see the Printer from the PC.

What am i doing wrong?
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless printer

    You haven't said so I will ask the obvious question, you have gone to
    printer properties and enabled sharing, have you?

    "John Wright" <john@vacforming.com> wrote in message
    >I have a wireless network that has a laptop (XP Home) and a PC (XP Pro)
    > attached. A HP Deskjet 610C is connected to the PC via a serial cable.
    >
    > I have installed the printer drivers onto both computers however i cannot
    > see the printer from my Laptop and it won't install as a network printer
    > because of this. When I try to add the printer i can see the home network
    > and even the other PC but it does not allow me to see the printer that is
    > connected to it.
    >
    > I have changed the IP address's so that they are sinilar and gone through
    > few other changes like disabling the firewall etc but still nothing.
    >
    > If i try it the other way around and connect the printer to the laptop i
    > can
    > see the Printer from the PC.
    >
    > What am i doing wrong?

    Yes i've tried that.

    "Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > You haven't said so I will ask the obvious question, you have gone to
    > printer properties and enabled sharing, have you?
    >

    > "John Wright" <john@vacforming.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a wireless network that has a laptop (XP Home) and a PC (XP Pro)
    > > attached. A HP Deskjet 610C is connected to the PC via a serial cable.
    > >
    > > I have installed the printer drivers onto both computers however i
    cannot
    > > see the printer from my Laptop and it won't install as a network printer
    > > because of this. When I try to add the printer i can see the home
    network
    > > and even the other PC but it does not allow me to see the printer that
    is
    > > connected to it.
    > >
    > > I have changed the IP address's so that they are sinilar and gone
    through
    > > few other changes like disabling the firewall etc but still nothing.
    > >
    > > If i try it the other way around and connect the printer to the laptop i
    > > can
    > > see the Printer from the PC.
    > >
    > > What am i doing wrong?

Wireless Printer Printers Wireless Networking