File Recovery Software

I need to recover some files and am looking at different recovery
software. Specifically I am evaluating SearchandRecover and
Recover4all. Does anyone have any feedback about the reliability and
sucesses of either of these 2 pieces of software?

Thank you in advance
6 answers Last reply
More about file recovery software

    "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > I need to recover some files and am looking at different recovery
    > software. Specifically I am evaluating SearchandRecover and
    > Recover4all. Does anyone have any feedback about the reliability and
    > sucesses of either of these 2 pieces of software?

    Both appear to be only able to recover deleted files. So no recovery after
    reformatting etc.. If the software you're looking for is intended for
    deleted file recovery only, search for Restoration (for example
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html). It's free and pretty good.

    --
    Joep

    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and recovery of my Eudora mailbox
    failed. I wrote to the the folds who sell recover4all and told them of
    my experience. They highly recommended that I not buy their software as
    they feel the same result will occur with their software. I think I am
    out of luck. I haven't tried my Quicken files.

    Previously Compulady <compulady@softhome.net> wrote:
    > Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and recovery of my Eudora mailbox
    > failed. I wrote to the the folds who sell recover4all and told them of
    > my experience. They highly recommended that I not buy their software as
    > they feel the same result will occur with their software. I think I am
    > out of luck. I haven't tried my Quicken files.

    What exactly did you do to loose your files?

    Arno

    your useful link also leads to

    http://www.snapfiles.com/features/filescavenger-704-421808.php

    "Joep" <available@request.nl> wrote in message
    > "Compulady" <compulady@softhome.net> wrote in message
    > > I need to recover some files and am looking at different recovery
    > > software. Specifically I am evaluating SearchandRecover and
    > > Recover4all. Does anyone have any feedback about the reliability and
    > > sucesses of either of these 2 pieces of software?
    > >

    > Both appear to be only able to recover deleted files. So no recovery after
    > reformatting etc.. If the software you're looking for is intended for
    > deleted file recovery only, search for Restoration (for example
    > http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html). It's free and pretty good.
    >
    > --
    > Joep

    I uninstalled Firefox PR. In the Firefox news forum I was told there is
    a little known bug that when you uninstall FF PR, it now only
    uninstalls Firefox, it takes everything else with it. So all the
    programs and data that were in my Program Files directory were
    uninstalled. Only the directories were left with nothing inside of them.

    > I uninstalled Firefox PR. In the Firefox news forum I was told there
    is
    > a little known bug that when you uninstall FF PR, it now only
    > uninstalls Firefox, it takes everything else with it. So all the
    > programs and data that were in my Program Files directory were
    > uninstalled. Only the directories were left with nothing inside of
    them.

    GetDataBack worked well for me.

Data Recovery Hardware Storage Software