Remote Desktop from Pocket PC 2003

May 10, 2004 7:21:05 AM

Does anyone know if it is/will be possible to get a remote desktop client for Pocket PC 2003? This would be to take control of a Windows XP Pro PC?

Many thanks,

Kevyn
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 9:37:27 AM

That is built-in and called Terminal Services Client, and works very well...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/suppor...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Kevynm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D AE39720-AED3-45D5-8E1A-2BB7BD9F681B@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know if it is/will be possible to get a remote desktop client for Pocket PC 2003? This
> would be to take control of a Windows XP Pro PC?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Kevyn
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 9:37:28 AM

Many thanks for the reply. I'd seen this page already, but I do not have TSC on my pocket PC. I've looked in Start/Progams and on the menu config screens.

Its a Toshiba e400 running Pocket PC 2003 (not 2002) - should it be there and/or can I add it?

Many thanks,

Kevyn

----- Sooner Al wrote: -----

That is built-in and called Terminal Services Client, and works very well...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/suppor...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Kevynm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D AE39720-AED3-45D5-8E1A-2BB7BD9F681B@microsoft.com...
> Does anyone know if it is/will be possible to get a remote desktop client for Pocket PC 2003? This
> would be to take control of a Windows XP Pro PC?
>> Many thanks,
>> Kevyn
May 10, 2004 10:38:27 AM

Kevyn,

Yes, download the TSC from...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downlo...

--

> Many thanks for the reply. I'd seen this page already, but I do not have TSC on my pocket PC. I've
> looked in Start/Progams and on the menu config screens.
>
> Its a Toshiba e400 running Pocket PC 2003 (not 2002) - should it be there and/or can I add it?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Kevyn
>
> ----- Sooner Al wrote: -----
>
> That is built-in and called Terminal Services Client, and works very well...
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/suppor...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>
> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual benefit of all of
> us...
>
> "Kevynm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D AE39720-AED3-45D5-8E1A-2BB7BD9F681B@microsoft.com...
> > Does anyone know if it is/will be possible to get a remote desktop client for Pocket PC
> 2003? This
> > would be to take control of a Windows XP Pro PC?
> >> Many thanks,
> >> Kevyn

Anonymous
May 10, 2004 10:38:28 AM

Many thanks Al. I ignored this previously because it said it was only for Pocket PC 2002 on HPs - I'll give it a try.

Kevyn
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 1:44:09 PM

Now I know that terminal sever is located on Pocket PC, but what is the link
to download the client on to Windows XP?

Regards,

Paul
> That is built-in and called Terminal Services Client, and works very
well...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/suppor...

> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

> "Kevynm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D AE39720-AED3-45D5-8E1A-2BB7BD9F681B@microsoft.com...
> > Does anyone know if it is/will be possible to get a remote desktop
client for Pocket PC 2003? This
> > would be to take control of a Windows XP Pro PC?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Kevyn

Anonymous
May 10, 2004 1:44:10 PM

You don't need to download anything, it is already installed.
Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communication, Remote Desktop.
(Location from memory, am currently not at my own english PC.)

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

In addition to Ace's comments...look at these pages for help with XP Pro Remote Desktop...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gomo...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/r...
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com/

Post additional questions concerning Remote Desktop to the...

....news group...

--

"Paul Belliard" <pbelliard@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Now I know that terminal sever is located on Pocket PC, but what is the link
> to download the client on to Windows XP?
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul
> "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> That is built-in and called Terminal Services Client, and works very
> well...
>>

> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/suppor...
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>>
>> "Kevynm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D AE39720-AED3-45D5-8E1A-2BB7BD9F681B@microsoft.com...
>> > Does anyone know if it is/will be possible to get a remote desktop
> client for Pocket PC 2003? This
>> > would be to take control of a Windows XP Pro PC?
>> >
>> > Many thanks,
>> >
>> > Kevyn

Anonymous
May 21, 2004 9:27:40 PM

I'm currently in converstation with http://GoToMyPC.com which has just
started advertising a pocketpc component for it's remote control software.

This is a "service" rather than an app and I have yet to hear anyone
report on it's usability... stay tuned and check out their site for
pricing and a small amount of info on the ppc component... tip, click "help"

Beverly Howard
Anonymous
May 21, 2004 11:50:51 PM

Hi, all,

My PPC has Pocket PC 2003, it is OK.
Terminal Services Client can be run successfully.

But my work server was reconfigured so, that now I must connect to it
through the port 3391.
It can be done successfully from any desktop PC with Remote Desktop,
I am entering address in such way:
www.aureole.lt : 3391

But when I'm trying to write same string at Pocket PC Terminal Service
Client window,
I'm receiving "The server name specified is invalid"

Once more, Terminal Service Client works without port number at the end,
but connects to another server of our company.

Maybe I need some other program to solve this situation?

thanks in advance.

Sergei Safronov.

> In addition to Ace's comments...look at these pages for help with XP Pro
Remote Desktop...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gomo...
fault.asp
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/r...
> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com/
>
> Post additional questions concerning Remote Desktop to the...

> ...news group...
>
> --
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

> "Paul Belliard" <pbelliard@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Now I know that terminal sever is located on Pocket PC, but what is the
link
> > to download the client on to Windows XP?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Paul
> > "Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
> >> That is built-in and called Terminal Services Client, and works very
> > well...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/suppor...
pic.asp?cid=0&tid=15

> >> --
> >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
> >>
> >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
mutual
> > benefit of all of us...
> >> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> > rights...
> >>
> >> "Kevynm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:D AE39720-AED3-45D5-8E1A-2BB7BD9F681B@microsoft.com...
> > client for Pocket PC 2003? This

Anonymous
May 22, 2004 11:22:57 PM

Have a look at J-Desktop: http://www.j-desktop.com
It's much cheaper than GoToMyPC as there's no monthly charge, and it
works quite well on the PocketPC version, if you have Windows Mobile
2003.
The only advantage to using GoToMyPC is if you have signed up to a
provider that gives you NAT only acces, in which case you would have
no external IP address and therefore you would not be able to point to
your PC by IP. If you are unsure, it's worth a try to save the money.
Anonymous
May 23, 2004 7:43:14 PM

I see there's a lot of interest in this capability. I have an iPAQ 2215 and
a dialup connection and WIFI dongle with CF WIFI card.

I have been able to create an adhoc connection to use ActiveSync, but not to
web surf.

Is that possible given my circumstances? And would it be possible to use
what I have to work Terminal Services Client?

I read about it and wondered if I could use it to control and access
programs (Thru a wireless adhoc connection) on my desktop which has winXP?

!