CD/RW question

hello,

i am just starting to learn how to edit video that can be played on a dvd
player.
obviously, i will make mistakes, so i thought if i burned my movies to a cd
that i can re-write on, it would save me money.
will CD/RW cd's work in a dvd player?
i don't own any now, so i can't test this myself.
i will buy some if they will play in a dvd player.

thank you.
--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

    "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message news:<ul#0dbyiEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
    > hello,
    >
    > i am just starting to learn how to edit video that can be played on a dvd
    > player.
    > obviously, i will make mistakes, so i thought if i burned my movies to a cd
    > that i can re-write on, it would save me money.
    > will CD/RW cd's work in a dvd player?
    > i don't own any now, so i can't test this myself.
    > i will buy some if they will play in a dvd player.
    >
    > thank you.

    A lot of players support CD-R and CD-RW. You need to go to
    <http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers> and search. Honestly, I never
    use CD-RWs anymore. I only pay about 10cents each for -Rs and never
    liked the compatiblity problems I've had trying to move -RWs between
    drives.

    Will you be making a VCD or SVCD? That's the more important question.
    I've run across players that won't do one or the other format.

    Have fun,

    Eric

    eric,

    i will be making vcd's when i get to that point <smile>.

    i read someplace the dvd players that have the compact disk digital video
    logo will play vcd, but not svcd.

    i went to the site you listed and put in the model number for my dvd player.
    the model # is sd-2805 toshiba.
    it's old, but it comes up with the following, so i'm ok with using cd/rw for
    testing right?

    DVD Player CDR
    CDRW DVD-R
    DVD-RW DVD+R
    DVD+RW VCD
    SVCD DivX
    JPG MP3
    WMA
    Toshiba SD2805 CDR
    CDRW DVD-R
    DVD-RW DVD+R
    DVD+RW
    DVD+R DL? VCD
    SVCD
    DivX?
    JPG? MP3
    WMA?

    Audio formats:
    MP3, DVD-MP3? max 196kbit/s

    thank you.
    --
    Indera
    * * * * * * * * * *

    "Eric" <byteguy@lanset.com> wrote in message
    : "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
    : > hello,
    : >
    :
    : A lot of players support CD-R and CD-RW. You need to go to
    : <http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers> and search. Honestly, I never
    : use CD-RWs anymore. I only pay about 10cents each for -Rs and never
    : liked the compatiblity problems I've had trying to move -RWs between
    : drives.
    :
    : Will you be making a VCD or SVCD? That's the more important question.
    : I've run across players that won't do one or the other format.
    :
    : Have fun,
    :
    : Eric

    begin 666 arrowdown.gif
    M1TE&.#EA"@`*`+,``````" @(,# P/?W]?CW\_GZ^OS\^O[^_@``````````
    M`````````````````````"'Y! $```<`+ `````*``H```0:\(A)YY$F:W&%
    3WA<&AMY(9ES8H2J9MM(+MQ$`.P``
    `
    end

    "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message news:<u1sYtx5iEHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
    > eric,
    >
    > i will be making vcd's when i get to that point <smile>.
    >
    > i read someplace the dvd players that have the compact disk digital video
    > logo will play vcd, but not svcd.
    >

    > i went to the site you listed and put in the model number for my dvd player.
    > the model # is sd-2805 toshiba.
    > it's old, but it comes up with the following, so i'm ok with using cd/rw for
    > testing right?
    >

    > DVD Player CDR
    > CDRW DVD-R
    > DVD-RW DVD+R
    > DVD+RW VCD
    > SVCD DivX
    > JPG MP3
    > WMA
    > Toshiba SD2805 CDR
    > CDRW DVD-R
    > DVD-RW DVD+R
    > DVD+RW
    > DVD+R DL? VCD
    > SVCD
    > DivX?
    > JPG? MP3
    > WMA?
    >

    > Audio formats:
    > MP3, DVD-MP3? max 196kbit/s
    >

    > thank you.
    > --
    > Indera
    > * * * * * * * * * *
    > Don't just live life.
    > Live life well.

    I just love the Internet. I found the manual to your player at:

    <http://tacpservice.toshiba.com/ConsumerProductSupport/Manuals/DVD/sd2805_ownman.pdf>

    Take a look at page 5. It says that you can play "DVD Video, Video CD
    (VCD) and Audio CD" and it goes on to say "In addition, this unit can
    play a CD-R or CD-RW that contains audio titles or MP3 files."

    It doesn't EXACTLY say that you can play a VCD made on CD-RW, but it's
    worth a shot since it can read MP3s off of CD-RW. Keep in mind that
    you can NOT make SVCD disks for this unit.

    If you don't have a burn program yet, <http://www.vcdeasy.org/> is
    wonderful. It performs a lot of checks on your files so you know that
    things should work. There is a free trail-version available.

    Eric

    http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
    DVD Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers)

    > hello,
    >
    > i am just starting to learn how to edit video that can be played on a dvd
    > player.
    > obviously, i will make mistakes, so i thought if i burned my movies to a
    > cd
    > that i can re-write on, it would save me money.
    > will CD/RW cd's work in a dvd player?
    > i don't own any now, so i can't test this myself.
    > i will buy some if they will play in a dvd player.
    >
    > thank you.
    > --
    > Indera
    > * * * * * * * * * *
    > Don't just live life.
    > Live life well.

    thank you for the link.
    i will check it out.

    --
    Indera
    * * * * * * * * * *

    "Touch Base" <animals@thezoo.com> wrote in message
    : http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
    : DVD Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers)
    :
    : "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
    : news:ul%230dbyiEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    : > hello,
    : >
    : > i am just starting to learn how to edit video that can be played on a
    dvd
    : > player.
    : > obviously, i will make mistakes, so i thought if i burned my movies to a
    : > cd
    : > that i can re-write on, it would save me money.
    : > will CD/RW cd's work in a dvd player?
    : > i don't own any now, so i can't test this myself.
    : > i will buy some if they will play in a dvd player.
    : >
    : > thank you.
    : > --
    : > Indera