Audigy 2 ZS firewire port not working

August 26, 2004 10:51:30 AM

I own an Audigy 2 ZS soundcard, a Sony HandyCam model #DCR-HC30, a belkin 6-4
pin i-Link compatible cable, and Pinnacle studio 9. The problem is that I
can't get any of them to work in harmony w/ each other. I connect my Cam to
the the Audigy 2 via my Belkin firewire cable...and then not much happens
from there. Studio 9 tells me to connect the camera because it cannot detect
it. Are there any drivers I need or should install? (p.s; I have just
recently formatted my harddrive, and re-instaled EVERYTHING fresh, if thats
any vital information.) Thanks for your time.
Anonymous
August 27, 2004 1:44:30 PM

Have you downloaded and used the latest creative drivers for the audigy? If
not do this.
If XP is not pinging when you connect then there is no connection between
the cam and the pc, try unplugging adn replugging the cable in the cam end a
few times as the 4 pin connection is not as good as the 6 pin, or even try
another cable, as these can often be faulty.
Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
"Dork" <Dork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I own an Audigy 2 ZS soundcard, a Sony HandyCam model #DCR-HC30, a belkin
6-4
> pin i-Link compatible cable, and Pinnacle studio 9. The problem is that I
> can't get any of them to work in harmony w/ each other. I connect my Cam
> the the Audigy 2 via my Belkin firewire cable...and then not much happens
> from there. Studio 9 tells me to connect the camera because it cannot
detect
> it. Are there any drivers I need or should install? (p.s; I have just
> recently formatted my harddrive, and re-instaled EVERYTHING fresh, if
thats
> any vital information.) Thanks for your time.
Anonymous
October 20, 2004 4:23:04 PM

Hi Dork,

I'm using a Sony camera together with an Audigy 2 ZS as well and found today
the solution. In my case it was the 4-pin connector end of the cable. Your 4
electrical pins should be as close as 1 mm to the edge of the shield. In many
cases the pins are far more inside the connector housing causing connection
problems. Please have a look at the mail I posted today.

Cheers,

DaVinci

!